PDA

View Full Version : Building Jumps

Ryan-WB440ex
10-13-2002, 07:40 PM
im trying to build a really nice jump with about a 20-40 ft gap and a landing. i was wondering if anyone has a link to some sites that shows how to build a ncie jump or sites with pictures of big jumps. or even any suggestions you racers may have. i also need to build a large bank so i can get enuff speed in my back yard =D. any help would be great guys. thanks.
oh yea i have 50 tons of clay being delivered this week.. think that is enough?

10-13-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Ryan-WB440ex
im trying to build a really nice jump with about a 20-40 ft gap and a landing. i was wondering if anyone has a link to some sites that shows how to build a ncie jump or sites with pictures of big jumps. or even any suggestions you racers may have. i also need to build a large bank so i can get enuff speed in my back yard =D. any help would be great guys. thanks.
oh yea i have 50 tons of clay being delivered this week.. think that is enough?

Depending on how good you are and how long the runway is b4 the jump will determine how far it will be. I also hope u have some machinery for this:D start out with a table top and when u get better dig out the middle and add to the landing so it becomes longer and longer. good luck

mysticfalcon
10-13-2002, 08:07 PM
http://www.racingsmarter.com/building_a_practice_track.htm

they got a lot of stuff about building a track

GT300
10-14-2002, 08:32 AM
I am in the process of building a jump right now, all I use is a shovel and a wheel barrow. So far all I have is the take off. I will be building the landing later this week. I hit it in mid to high third on my 300 and get about five feet high and 25 feet of distance. Once I get a landing I can make it bigger. My tip would be to water it down every so often. That will make it hard. I am not sure about clay but for dirt, if you need to make it wider, wet the sides down and then put dirt on it. That will keep the dirt from falling down to the bottom. Good luck and get pictures when you are done.

Live2Ride300
10-14-2002, 08:52 AM
grady wanna ride today?

trx400ex
10-14-2002, 04:10 PM
yep, make it about a foot wider than your EX on both sides, water it, let it sit for a while, the pack it down with a truck or dozer if you can, if not, just use your quad to pack it down...dont have to worry about packing the landing, just smooth it out

DarkStarRacing
10-16-2002, 04:11 PM
make sure the dirt is really solid before you do it, if you land in to soft of dirt you screwed :devil