PDA

View Full Version : QuadJunkies

300ex_#387
05-01-2007, 08:37 PM
I was reading the letters section in the new dirtwheels, and came across a picture with your daughter in it. It's on page 32. Just thought I would let you know.

firefighterjosh
05-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I thought that name sounded familiar. It was bothering me where i heard it before. Now I know:p

insaneracin2003
05-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Im so proud, our lilQJ is a star......congrats lilQJ

QuadJunkies
05-04-2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks for taking notice and letting me know! :)

Her long arms were in the way of the picture so she was hard ot spot at first.LOL!!

I should also say thanks for including all the kids to atvriders member 400ex4ever .His Son was 1st place winner and it looks like his wife sent that photo in of the kids :)

Ze'vyer Mott is fast as he!! and a great rider! :macho
Heres another pic Crackerboylv took of them at the last round lined up.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/208/455352992_fe4027c564.jpg

CannondaleRider
05-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Right on, thats awesome...

I'm like 15 feet behind this picture, lol

QuadJunkies
05-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Right on, thats awesome...

I'm like 15 feet behind this picture, lol
Ya'll ready for next week?
Im not :o :p lol

Shoudl be all set up after the wk end and my quad hopefully will be ready if my piston shows up today.

parkers30
05-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Any idea what frame the yellow TRX is using? I have always noticed that alot of the shifter minis use a weird frame.

QuadJunkies
05-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by parkers30
Any idea what frame the yellow TRX is using? I have always noticed that alot of the shifter minis use a weird frame.
Motts hybrid is a Hetrick built mini.He has two of them actually.

Im not 100% sure but Im going to guess is a JB.
http://www.jbatvracing.com/mod.php

heres a pic of both his race minis.I wish I had all this stuff when I was 11 years old!
Pretty sweet:cool:
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2816198

parkers30
05-04-2007, 11:15 AM
I thought they were probably aftermarket frames. Those minis have to cost as much as the full aftermarket 250r did a few years ago :eek2:

Mean250r
05-04-2007, 11:55 AM
I thought they were probably aftermarket frames. Those minis have to cost as much as the full aftermarket 250r did a few years ago :eek2:

Oh yeah, i bet those things cost just as much if not more. Very very nice though

QuadJunkies
05-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
Oh yeah, i bet those things cost just as much if not more. Very very nice though

They do unfortunatly. Some mini stuff costs even more than the big quads :ermm: and most minis you have to work on twice as much . lol:p

QuadJunkies
05-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Alot of the minis also use 250r frames. They are also a popular choice ;)

parkers30
05-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Alot of the minis also use 250r frames. They are also a popular choice ;)

I knew the 250r chassis were popular and common. If you can buy a complete race ready R for less than 6k why would you mess with something less parts are available for? no questions the chassis can handle whatever power you put in it then. I guess that only works if the kid is big enough.

Is is just me or does is seem that lilQJ's front end doesn't have much down travel?

every pic I see the front end looks compressed even in the air. :confused:

jrafter
05-04-2007, 12:47 PM
i just got dirtwheels sitting in front of me......thats so cool seeing members in there.

i sent a pic of my bother in law.....do you think they but all pics in when there sent in?

QuadJunkies
05-05-2007, 12:29 AM
I knew the 250r chassis were popular and common. If you can buy a complete race ready R for less than 6k why would you mess with something less parts are available for? no questions the chassis can handle whatever power you put in it then. I guess that only works if the kid is big enough.

Is is just me or does is seem that lilQJ's front end doesn't have much down travel?

every pic I see the front end looks compressed even in the air. :confused:
The front end works beautifully actually.It could use more,but it gets her buy for now. They need tobe abit longer IMO,but this is just a Blaster/400ex style Laeger set up. Its the rear that needed some help.We may replace the front end with new Elkas next season. Elka has been wonderful to deal with .

The last race she was litterally in tears from her rear shock beating her up and notabsorbing anything and complained it was horrible.We tore it apart the week after and come to find out, she raced all wk end on a shock relying on spring only and even the spring was shot. Which was very unsafe .

She now has the rear end re-done and was so stoked to putt around on the trails a little last wk end and found it sooooo much more forgiving :p

She hasnt really MX'd it much yet,only trails(thats her favorite place to ride/race)and hasnt worked with a good rear end -until now.
So we will see how it goes next week and adjust it accordingly.:)

The problem with buying a race ready R is your buying it race ready for the rider it was intended for, not the rider who may now need it built to the resize,wants and needs.. Not to mention its for a Youth rider who needs a smaller CC Disp.quad who is not quite ready for an adult class.
Was that what you was referring to?
I guess comparing what it would cost to part it out and replace with a smaller motor and some fab work, it would possibly run less in price , but unless you find a quad already modded for a mini motor and suspention set up for a mini rider of the same weight,you end up paying close to as much in the long run.

Supposedly JB now sells a Chassis that you can move your mini rider up from the 85cc chassis mod. and bolt right up a 150:D :D so your youth rider gets more bang for the buck on the chassis .

I talked to Elka a few weeks ago and apparently they will be coming to a few of the WORCS rounds .When they do she will be doing a follow up with the guys to make sure shes in tip-top shape ;)

QuadJunkies
05-05-2007, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by jrafter
i just got dirtwheels sitting in front of me......thats so cool seeing members in there.

i sent a pic of my bother in law.....do you think they but all pics in when there sent in?
I doubt they put in all pics, but they do put in quite a few .

DW is most likely global and Im sure they get ALOT of submissions!;)

hetrick425ex
05-07-2007, 12:08 AM
congrats Quadjunkies!!!

the frame we use is a JB racing build, there are a few changes but overall very similar...

they work like magic as im sure you are aware!!! :)

Here is some more info for you guys... if you have questions PM me

Hetrick Modified Builds and Information (http://www.hetrickracing.com/youthquadproducts_hetrickmod_main.htm)

QuadJunkies
05-07-2007, 09:43 AM
That right there^^ is my FAVORITE Hybrid:cool: and will most likely be our next motor for my Son.

parkers30
05-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Thats is one killer mini.

His overall look is better than alot of the Pros. He matches his quad, which is far more than I can say for alot of Pros

QuadJunkies
05-07-2007, 10:27 AM
I guess Ive never noticed Pros gear not matching there quads I guess .
We tried to match as close as possible with my kids gear, but unless she wanted to wear Kawasaki this was a close as she could get lol and the over the boot Camo fits her beautifully .She hasa tough time with finding gear to fit properly.
Girls gear def. fits her ALOT better .My son was tough to find black and Yellow gear as well that was not BACK ORDERED..

We save the gear from last season for practice day.
Gears too darned expensive to ditch it if its still go enough to get used:D Plus, kids grow too fast!:scary:

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/78380471.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/78380466.jpg

QuadJunkies
05-07-2007, 10:43 AM
I should mention also my Son Brandon(left) was in the March issue of Atv Racin Extra Youth Coverage for Rnd. one of the WORCS series on the poduim pictured with atvriders member Grant Mitchell(right).

Brandon had a tough race with motor issues last round and lack of seat time due to it, but we have high hopes for him next wk. end. :)\

In the picture I posted above with his quad, he wasLITERALLY shaking his quad to make it go faster :p but the motor was literally failing at less than a 1/2 of a lap :(

moto04racing
05-07-2007, 11:06 AM
so thats a cr85 engine in a blaster/laegar chassis

QuadJunkies
05-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by moto04racing

Thats right. Its been bored over to a 90cc as well..

hetrick425ex
05-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by moto04racing

that seems to be a pretty good choice. both economically and ergonomically...

QuadJunkies
05-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Whats nice is she can make a long race and still have 3/4 of a tank of fuel left!:D