PDA

View Full Version : getting stuck

hemi400ex
05-01-2007, 07:54 PM
i ride with all 4X4 besides a susucky 450 and an outlaw and me and the 450 both keep getting stuck on the ruts the 4x4 make. How can i increase my ground clearance? Will bigger tires help and will i have to change my gearing to make sure i have the power to climb some long ruty paths right now the power is fine intill my swing arm is sitting in the dirt

underpowered
05-01-2007, 08:06 PM
taller tires will help some, get some 22's to gain a little clearance. but the main thing to keep you from gettin stuck is the rider. if you ride smart and pick your line well you should not have a problem. i ride with mainly 4x4's that leave big ruts, if you learn to straddle the ruts, or only drop one side of the bike in them it helps out alot instead of just following in their tracks. also, momentum is key. either lead the way, or lag back and hit the ruts with a little speed to carry you over them. hit em slow and you will get stuck, but hit them with a little speed and momentum will carry you a bit farther.

Pipeless416
05-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
taller tires will help some, get some 22's to gain a little clearance. but the main thing to keep you from gettin stuck is the rider. if you ride smart and pick your line well you should not have a problem. i ride with mainly 4x4's that leave big ruts, if you learn to straddle the ruts, or only drop one side of the bike in them it helps out alot instead of just following in their tracks. also, momentum is key. either lead the way, or lag back and hit the ruts with a little speed to carry you over them. hit em slow and you will get stuck, but hit them with a little speed and momentum will carry you a bit farther.

ya beat me to it:p . anyway thats basically it, however having tires such as holeshot hd's, or razr 2's can help too. and yes, if you do go to 22's you should drop a tooth in the front to keep your gearing close to stock. also, like underpowered said, if you can keep at least one side out of the ruts you should be fine. it all basically comes down to you. a rider's style will always dominate before the rider's credit card will.

hemi400ex
05-01-2007, 08:54 PM
well riding on the ruts i do fine if the ground is hard but once in the mud its hard to c some ruts and some of the hills its hil runt ground, rut, hills so i have to ride in the ruts and hopeing taller tires will help i'm just getting caught

dang400ex
05-01-2007, 09:30 PM
when in doubt...wrap it out!!!