PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever had lug nuts come out while riding?

Whitcher1928
05-01-2007, 06:13 PM
had a friend of mine do some work on the bike and i went riding i here somme noise figure its stick so i get off look down nope no stick theres only one nut holding my wheel on and the other one only has 2 nuts. and 2 nuts are missing from the rear sproket anyone ever ahd them radle out while riding. he iether finger tighten them or someone f***** with it cause i wasent riding that hard. now i gotta get 2 new wheels both of them are ruined just glad my brand new tires are alright

MO-EX-RIDER
05-01-2007, 07:00 PM
someone f***'d you up....unless they were never tightened? also a drop of blue loctite can be of extra assurance they stay on!

bah1491
05-02-2007, 06:39 AM
i think it might be called, "bolt and nutting" your bike haha thats pretty scary though....after every race, my bike gets every single nut, bolt, screw, zip tie, anything, and everything gets checked, and a little mark put on it with a yellow paint marker

Whitcher1928
05-02-2007, 05:20 PM
yeah i was like are you fucin serious i had to ride/push about a mile uphil to get back. friggin sucked. im wicked pissed

rooster300ex
05-04-2007, 08:22 AM
I would be having your friend help you buy new rims, because he didn't tighten your sprocket nuts and wheel lugs if not him somebody did. Most rear sprocket nuts are lock nuts, and if you put the lug nuts on good and tight they aren't gonna come off. Did he take the tires and sprocket off the bike? What kind of bike is this? If they are stock honda rims and he put the lug nut on backwards that could happen. My sisters blind *** boyfriend put his on backwards and ruined the rims.

organiz3d_chaos
05-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Happened to me with aluminum durablue lugs... they stripped out.... i noticed a nut was missing out in the middle of the dunes..... trashed the wheel completely....... had to buy a new one....

Whitcher1928
05-05-2007, 07:00 AM
its a 2001 300ex yeah he took put a new sproket on and he put new tires on the stock rims. he was doing it for free but i mean know i have to get another 20 dollar sproket and 30 dollar chain i jsut boughtthat and know i gotta spend like 8 bucks on 2 back stock rims.

u_want_some
05-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Ain't this some crap....My buddy just done the same thing over the weekend to his 300ex...Can someone please state the CORRECT way that these nuts go on...A pic would be great, becasue he says they go on the oppisite way that I am telling him..Thx

Project300EX
05-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Too bad it isn't the fronts you need. I have an extra set of those.

Originally posted by u_want_some
Ain't this some crap....My buddy just done the same thing over the weekend to his 300ex...Can someone please state the CORRECT way that these nuts go on...A pic would be great, becasue he says they go on the oppisite way that I am telling him..Thx

It's not that hard to figure out. The holes in the wheel are beveled and the lug nuts are beveled. The beveled sides touch.

m.h.s.c.#527
05-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by u_want_some

round (tapered) side in first

05-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Happend to me. Nuts came loose and landed a jump and their goes my tire. I thought i broke my axle but nope I lost my lug nuts. The rims stud holes were oval too. The mittle of the rim was bent too and one stud was bent pritty bad I think from when landing.

If 3 nuts were tight and one was loose the rest will work their way loose.

After that I was paranoid about my lug nuts I kept checking em all the time.

moto04racing
05-08-2007, 12:54 PM
yup.. i was putting them on hand tight every 100 ft for like a 1/2 mile

ohsobad_chevy
05-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by organiz3d_chaos
Happened to me with aluminum durablue lugs... they stripped out.... i noticed a nut was missing out in the middle of the dunes..... trashed the wheel completely....... had to buy a new one....

HEHE....I remember that. We need to go to LS again some time soon.

:cool: