PDA

View Full Version : Cheap/good Way To Do This.....

hetrick_racing9
05-01-2007, 05:13 PM
well i want to paint the bottom a-arms red on my 450 and the front and rear outer beatlocks black what is a good name brand that will stay on and be strong... glossy if possible.. any techniecs like sanding them down to give them rougher for the paint to grip or anything.. or layering them

and if i have to get them powder coated will it affect them in any bad ways as in being able to pop tires on /leaks/bolt holes...

lastly for the different types of paints if you could give me brand names that would be great and the kind from that brand...

i have more stuff on the way soon im changing the seat and other things..

CRich[814]
05-01-2007, 05:16 PM
with a R that nice, spray paint is so trashy. maybe if your rebuilding a 250x and need so save up money. if you have money for elka's, you should have some dough for pc. prep it real well if you paint it. sand her down and prime. few coats a paint and alot of clear. honestly i love the black aarms. but if you want it to look good, powders the way to go.

quader400
05-01-2007, 05:16 PM
paint on those parts just wont hold up. i would suggest just saving your money till you have enough to pc them,

Scro
05-01-2007, 05:20 PM
You're best bet would be to powdercoat them. Paint will just not hold up, especially on the lower a-arms and beadlocks. But if you do anything to them, paint or powdercoat, it won't effect the tire holding air. Most powdercoaters will plug the holes for you. But if they don't, all you have to do is use a tap the same size as the bolt to clean the threads.

esr250r86
05-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I dont think paint would hold up too good. But if you do paint it I would use rustoleum paints only. They seem to stick on really good and dont look too bad. Nice R by the way.

tar
05-01-2007, 05:47 PM
That r is way too nice to be painting on especially on Roll design arms. Just do it the right way and send it off to be powdercoated.

hetrick_racing9
05-01-2007, 06:00 PM
well im gunna bug my dad to see fi he can get the guy who powder coated it for us for free last year on my blaster frame to see if he can do this my dad said absolutly not powder coating to much to tear down during the season and it hides crackes in the frame and stuff like that soo.. im prob gunna leave the a-arms black now that i think about it... im gunna go and get the rims glosses black and possible the bumped.. i cudda got the flat black but i think glossy black would look better and then im gettin new seat graphics all matchin red and black and gunna get my helmet powder coated lightly black just thin so it is strong enough to not chip off easy and not make my helmet weigh a ton more and yeah everything shud look good with my gear.. i jus dont like the number backrounds by my series makes us have that colour for the class i am in

Scro
05-01-2007, 06:12 PM
You can't powdercoat your helmet, it's not metal.

honda4life72
05-01-2007, 06:40 PM
yellow is c class right?

firefighterjosh
05-01-2007, 06:59 PM
I painted my banshee a arms and they held up for maybe 3 races before they started chipping.

hetrick_racing9
05-01-2007, 08:36 PM
yeah but i race intermediate in the canadian series... but i run races in the states too

Scottt89
05-01-2007, 11:13 PM
That isn't one of Natalie's old bikes, is it? Either way, I think Powdercoating would be the right way to go about it.

hetrick_racing9
05-02-2007, 05:55 AM
i was waiting for someone to say that lol scott read the seat.. but umm ye it is i got a new seat on the way too...