PDA

View Full Version : problem with 450 swinger on 300

fast426
05-01-2007, 01:25 PM
ok im at school and i dont have any pics yet but after welding tabs on the frame, the rebound on the 250r rear shock is very fast, i was wondering what the angles of the linkage should be, or if it is just the shock? any help is appreciated.

thanks

Kickstarts-suck
05-01-2007, 01:38 PM
shock blown?

fast426
05-01-2007, 08:22 PM
i dont think so but im not sure. i just bought it off of a guy on here. it is pretty stiff, but it rebounds very fast, its for my little brother and i dont want him to hit a jump and get launched over the bars lol. what is the alan screw on the bottom of the shock for? is this the rebound? there is no tension on it does this mean its blown? thanks for the input!!

Kickstarts-suck
05-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by fast426
i dont think so but im not sure. i just bought it off of a guy on here. it is pretty stiff, but it rebounds very fast, its for my little brother and i dont want him to hit a jump and get launched over the bars lol. what is the alan screw on the bottom of the shock for? is this the rebound? there is no tension on it does this mean its blown? thanks for the input!!

When mine blew out it would rebound really fast also.

Not sure what shock you have but sounds like its adjustable so i would try that.

WOOT 800 post lol

fast426
05-01-2007, 09:39 PM
yeah i tried, its a stock 250r shock. the compression is as soft as it can go, and the alan screw on the bottom of the shock was all of the way in. i thought this was the preload but once loose it screws very easy and would fall out if left loose.