PDA

View Full Version : Kickstart on an ex

WhtPrd09
05-01-2007, 12:37 PM
anyone ever done this? I was thinking ordering the whole assembly for the xr400 sence it is the same motor. just kick start. I no some1 is gonna say y do u want a kick start when u got electric start. Its just something different that i wanna try. I think it will be pretty sweet. any1 with some help?

underpowered
05-01-2007, 12:57 PM
search!!!! this topic has been discussed many times on here and a simple search will uncover alot of them.

but in short, to do it you pretty much just need the entire XR bottom end to make it work. it can be done, but you might as well jsut put the entire XR motor in there.

400EXTRA
05-01-2007, 03:24 PM
i know i want kick start on mine to but it sounds like a lot of work to make it kick start

blasterandy
05-01-2007, 03:27 PM
yea, and a lot of money. I would say keep the electric start and buy another quad.

troutman561
05-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Just put a kick lever on there, but with no function, and pretend you have a kick start and kick the lever and push the start button at the same time, much cheaper...

brokenmike
05-01-2007, 07:11 PM
All I would think you would need will be a clutch cover,oil seal kicker shaft with spring,gears and shims,gasket and the kicker.YOU MIGHT HAVE CLEARANCE ISSUES like the frame,plastics and other things.

underpowered
05-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by brokenmike
All I would think you would need will be a clutch cover,oil seal kicker shaft with spring,gears and shims,gasket and the kicker.YOU MIGHT HAVE CLEARANCE ISSUES like the frame,plastics and other things.

no it is much more involved than that. you need all the cases, and alot of the gears. byt hte time you have everything you need to do it, you almost need the entire bottome end from the XR. most of the internal gears are different from teh EX to the XR.

400exrapes
05-02-2007, 09:09 PM
ahhaa troutmans postin made me crack up