PDA

View Full Version : shock question

billyboy
05-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Stupid as it sounds. I am very curious and have NO idea.
I have been looking at a 05 450R that is set-up for MX. I want to put her back to stock and sell the aftermarket parts that are on it. Thanks to a few on here I have most everything coming already to do that. :p I appreciate everyone stepping up to help me out as well.

Now. My question falls on the front shocks of this 450R. I have a really nice set of shocks I got from Laz at GT Thunder. They were on my 400ex. They are Fat Shaft shocks with Rezzy's and have always worked great on my 400ex with its +3 A-arms. Since 450R shocks fit on a 400ex, will these 400ex shocks fit on a 450R with stock A-arms?
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/Supershark/front-1.jpg
Any help would be appreciated....

400exrider707
05-01-2007, 11:23 AM
They will "fit" Valving and spring rates are not correct, as well as the length of the shock and the shock travel. Just because I can fit a pair of pants on my head doesn't mean that they belong there.;)

MX MaNiAc 06
05-01-2007, 12:12 PM
They dont belong. Buy mine! haha

billyboy
05-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
They will "fit" Valving and spring rates are not correct, as well as the length of the shock and the shock travel. Just because I can fit a pair of pants on my head doesn't mean that they belong there.;)

You said the length would not be correct? Would he be able to let them out so they would be long enough to work. I am sure he could adjust the valving in them and the spring rate? Couldn't he? Or would it be better just to sell them and look else where?:eek2:

400exrider707
05-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by billyboy
You said the length would not be correct? Would he be able to let them out so they would be long enough to work. I am sure he could adjust the valving in them and the spring rate? Couldn't he? Or would it be better just to sell them and look else where?:eek2:

I dont think you can lengthen the shocks correctly, and if you could... it wouldn't be worth it. Sell those, and buy a different set, it will be cheaper in the long run.