PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Vibration when riding! best steering stablizer?

beastlyone
04-30-2007, 07:20 PM
when im riding my yfz, i can make it make 2-3 laps around the local track before i start getting the typical arm pump, not a big deal, i do all the forearm excercises to compensate, but its still not NEAR enough. it gets to the point of where i cant even pull back the clutch to switch gears and even really hold onto the bike, my question is WHAT IS THE BEST WAY OR PIECE OF EQUIPTMENT TO ELMINATE THIS PROBLEM FOR ROUGHLY 200 DOLLARS? thanks for your time guys.

sandspanker
04-30-2007, 10:37 PM
suspention is the best cure, but the best stableizer would be a gibson or a denton. rebuildible

FUELATV
05-01-2007, 09:39 AM
A precision ...... you cant get one for $200.00, but they are well worth the money.

Flynbryan19
05-01-2007, 11:15 AM
An anti-vibe stem will help, but the true cure will be aftermarket suspension. Damper will help some by getting rid of some of the twitcheyness.

STEVENJANNA
05-01-2007, 11:28 AM
IMO the order of importance as far as gear is concerned is..
1. Properly tuned suspension
2. Stabilizer
2. Anti-vibe stem
3. FASST Flex bars

There are cheaper things that you can do though. Remember a LOOSE fitting jersey and make sure your gloves fit you properly. As this season gets underway there are 3 things that I have focussed on that have nearly eliminated fatigue for me.

1. Running/biking (cardio everyday)
2. Increased daily water intake.
3. I'm training myself to control the quad with my lower body.

YFZ450Ridr
05-01-2007, 09:13 PM
flexx bars!! i used to get arm pump so bad, 3 laps around an mx track and i couldnt pull in the levers. now the arm pump is almost completly gone, i can ride for hours without stopping if the rest of me is willing. plus at the end of the day i feel like i can keep going instead of packing up, its great. hands down the best thing i have ever bought. 14 degree atv bend with 1 washer and yellow elastomer is what i like!

07250ex
05-01-2007, 09:36 PM
im curious what is arm pump

tido450
05-01-2007, 10:20 PM
it feels like your forarms are filled with blood and its really hard to move your fingers/wrist even painful

07250ex
05-02-2007, 02:39 PM
ohh why is it caused it never happens on my lil ex

YFZ450Ridr
05-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
ohh why is it caused it never happens on my lil ex

funny, when i had my 250ex it beat the crap out of me! another name for it is forearm fatigue. basiclly the longer and harder you ride, the more your muscles get worn out. enter an xc race and you would find out what arm pump is real quick!

Xater
05-02-2007, 05:29 PM
i get arm pump after lihe 5 laps on my freinds tiny track. im looking into getting a stablizer.

procircuit406ex
05-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by YFZ450Ridr
enter an xc race and you would find out what arm pump is real quick!

Yeah you aint lyin! Even ridin hard in the woods takes its toll on you pretty quick

rpyfz450
05-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by beastlyone
when im riding my yfz, i can make it make 2-3 laps around the local track before i start getting the typical arm pump

I see you're riding an '04 YFZ. In my opinion those bars have too much sweep and are way too low. I changed to straighter (less swept) bars and installed taller clamps and it made a world of difference. Quite frankly, the stock bend on those bars suck and encourage your hands to slip off while accellerating. They belong on a scooter.

I recommend you change the bars before deciding whether to buy a steering damper.

Also, change your clutch cable and the clutch will feel factory-new again. It's well worth the $22 every couple of years.

Toadz400
05-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by rpyfz450
I see you're riding an '04 YFZ. In my opinion those bars have too much sweep and are way too low. I changed to straighter (less swept) bars and installed taller clamps and it made a world of difference. Quite frankly, the stock bend on those bars suck and encourage your hands to slip off while accellerating. They belong on a scooter.

I recommend you change the bars before deciding whether to buy a steering damper.

Also, change your clutch cable and the clutch will feel factory-new again. It's well worth the $22 every couple of years.

I agree. You definately want to be as comfortable as possible when riding your machine. Make sure your clutch lever and brake lever are level with your hand when you're riding as this will help with fatigue.

Also, the '04 and '05 YFZ's had a more aggressive powerband than the '06's and up. When riding at a track I was getting tired after a couple laps riding hard on my '05 YFZ. I tried out my buddy's '06 YFZ and I was able to ride 8-10 laps as hard as I could without being nearly as tired.

DOHC
05-27-2007, 05:48 PM
ohh why is it caused it never happens on my lil ex You prob havent ridden that hard. If u get on to a track or fast trail riding u will feel and it doesnt feel good, i still armpump from earler today earler today

Trx250rider86
05-27-2007, 09:14 PM
on my LTR, all stock i got it at the track a few times, i put on the flexx Bars and precision stabilizer, and never had arm pump since. and still haven't got it till this day, and its been a good month and a half of hard MX riding and racing. Best investment yet, i HIGHLY recommend these two products. It don't have to be the expensive stabilizers like precision, just stick kind like Denton etc. should work fine, get the rebuild able one tho for sure, my 2 cents

07250ex
05-27-2007, 09:32 PM
does a trail as wide as a street gravel with sum small jumpz almost u barely leave the ground but u can feel it mid to maxed out in 5th gear on my lil ex count as fast trail riding lol?

Toadz400
05-28-2007, 08:56 AM
does a trail as wide as a street gravel with sum small jumpz almost u barely leave the ground but u can feel it mid to maxed out in 5th gear on my lil ex count as fast trail riding lol?

I would say you're probably going "fast" but it's not fast trail riding. Fast trail riding would be pushing yourself and your machine to the max on a tight winding trail where there is not one smooth patch of ground because it's rocky, covered in ruts, massive bumps, etc.