PDA

View Full Version : Major Problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hetrick_racing9
04-30-2007, 04:10 PM
welp im in bigg twoublee i guess you could say.. there frame was cracked on the left and we are getting it braced this weekend but i just noticed the motor is cracked too where the bolt goes through on the t op near the head :mad: so now i dont know what to do i figure the frame being cracked has put stress on it.. shud i get a aluminum welder to weld the cracks up as soon as possible what should i do.. i dont have the money to get a new motor... PLEASE HELP :confused: :(

hetrick_racing9
04-30-2007, 04:17 PM
and by cracked its just getting going bout half way form goin completely through its going under the intake hole where the bolt is i have some pics from before it got worse but u can still see where the cracks r.. ill post 2 pics up

01 250exman
04-30-2007, 04:28 PM
You could weld it up and it would not be a problem,but aluminum is much harder to weld :(

hetrick_racing9
04-30-2007, 04:38 PM
yes i know that im thinking that the only way around it.. so im prob gunna get someone who knows how to weld aluminum to weld both sides up

One_Bad_400
04-30-2007, 04:52 PM
wew... i wish that was my main problem on my bike right now!!!! in the front of my case there was a little hole and it spit all the oil out and it went dry and snapped the crank and punched a hole threw the back of the case into my starter and pretty much my engine is totaled and i have no clue on what i'm going to do

05Z400rdr
04-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah, you can have it welded. But, I recommend taking it to a welding company or somebody that you really trust to weld it. Cuz if it gets too hot, it could distort the case a little bit, and that wouldnt be good...that could lead to more engine problems.

Landon

1fst400
04-30-2007, 08:31 PM
good luck finding a welding shop that will weld that without having it all apart.

To weld aluminum you need the whole peice to be hot, If you heat just the area that your welding you are heating it to fast and it is going to be a junk weld.

I say run it till it breaks off then fix it.

hetrick_racing9
05-01-2007, 06:10 AM
were taking the whole motor out really soon and having it welded ... were taking the head and everything off the motor...