PDA

View Full Version : cannondale are junk

ATC_KING
04-30-2007, 03:15 PM
i have seen my first cannondale in the dirtwheels and they look like s**t. how is the power? i cant turn that good for what i seen it looked a 90TRX just bigger.

yamadjs08
04-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Bahahahaha!

;)

450rJam
04-30-2007, 05:12 PM
there are some people out there that you have to get to know in order to find out how smart they are.................................

others let you know right up front

cobradaler
04-30-2007, 05:46 PM
i agree, but on another note where in kansas are u.

soilworker
04-30-2007, 11:57 PM
Some of the kids on here just amaze me more and more. Some peoples' parents should have been spayed or neutered long ago, lol. (pet reference intended)

firefighterjosh
05-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Date of Birth June 19, 1991

CannondaleRider
05-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Ya know....people always tell me that I'm far to mature for my age. NOW, I always kinda thought I was the normal one, and every other "kid" was just immature.

I'm only a couple years older then this kid, but is this the normal maturity level for a 15 year old kid. :ermm:

Its truly amazing how immature, and idiotic, people can be......due to this high level of ignorance...most never realize how stupid they really make themselves look.

Oh well

FUTheman
05-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by ATC_KING
i have seen my first cannondale in the dirtwheels and they look like s**t. how is the power? i cant turn that good for what i seen it looked a 90TRX just bigger.

Seriously, you are a ****tard.

54warrior
05-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by 450rJam
there are some people out there that you have to get to know in order to find out how smart they are.................................

others let you know right up front

LOL, thats funny right there.

Not to mention the screen-name "ATC King", yet he probably hasn't even seen an ATC.

Ripitupfilms
05-02-2007, 09:17 AM
does his post even make sense.:rolleyes:

ATC_KING
05-02-2007, 02:33 PM
i have 2 atc's and one is on the powertrain then a couple of pages look for 200x ot a 250r. i just wanted see what you had to say about them. do they have any power what is the biggest ATV they make. do you really like the look i think that they look like s**t.

Ripitupfilms
05-02-2007, 02:45 PM
u dont make sense.. go ride your ugly 3 wheelers

svahle
05-02-2007, 03:22 PM
I don't even know why we respond to jokers like this. We would all be better served by just letting this thread die. But, I searched his other posts and have to say it was comical. Most of his posts appear to be typed in a butchered version of English but are only vaguely comprehensible. Others make no sense at all (for example, just look at his posts above). I can certainly surmise that he doesn't have a PhD in English. Grammar, sentence structure, spelling, and punctuation are all lost on this lad. Sorry for dragging this thread along.

ATC_KING
05-02-2007, 05:18 PM
u are just mad beacuse what you ride. looks like you all are mad and i think it is because you ride a canon.. what ever. and atvracer9m you'r just mad because all honda's look way better than what you ride.

ATC_KING
05-02-2007, 05:19 PM
u are just mad beacuse what you ride. looks like you all are mad and i think it is because you ride a canon.. what ever. and atvracer9m you'r just mad because all honda's look way better than what you ride.

Sandgod4
05-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Hey kid they quit making ATC's before you were even kickin slats out of your crib!!:huh :eek: :eek2:

FUTheman
05-03-2007, 07:10 AM

I'm mad because f*cktards like you open your mouth and spew ignorance. My Dale will thump your ***. No problem. You sound mad because you must have had your a*s handed to you by a Dale.

NorCalRacer
05-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by FUTheman
I'm mad because f*cktards like you open your mouth and spew ignorance. My Dale will thump your ***. No problem. You sound mad because you must have had your a*s handed to you by a Dale.

Forget this clown. He doesn't ride, he's just an internet troll. I'll bet he's never even ridden, just badmouthing people for a reaction from the guest room in his mom's trailer probably....
Let him get bored and he;ll go find his transformers:blah:

trick250r
05-03-2007, 08:59 AM
its kid like you that give kid like me a bad name. its the internet, get over yourself. 90% of us on here can tell that you dont know jack **** about cannondales/ ATK's. the other 10% are just like you. when we point out your mistake, dont take it offensively, use it as motivation to learn more. ;)

Ripitupfilms
05-03-2007, 09:56 AM
atc's are so cool they handle so well.:D

ATC_KING
05-03-2007, 10:10 AM
the Hell i dont ride. i ride every day almost. what size is your dale FUTheman . i cant beat the cannondale if know one ownes one. everone around here ownes a honda or yamaha. i have never seen a cannondale in real life. i have only seen one in the dirtwheels mag. and i think it looked like junk. the guy that owned that dale said it turned real well and i ask you people but you are too rude reply to that. and trick250r i know i dont know jackS**t about the dales. that is why i asked after i had seen one.

Ripitupfilms
05-03-2007, 10:15 AM
the SEARCH button would have answered your questions a long time ago

NorCalRacer
05-03-2007, 10:16 AM
the Hell i dont ride. i ride every day almost. what size is your dale FUTheman . i cant beat the cannondale if know one ownes one. everone around here ownes a honda or yamaha. i have never seen a cannondale in real life. i have only seen one in the dirtwheels mag. and i think it looked like junk. the guy that owned that dale said it turned real well and i ask you people but you are too rude reply to that. and trick250r i know i dont know jackS**t about the dales. that is why i asked after i had seen one.

Sure you ride every day:rolleyes: I bet you do, and still you have to troll the internet. Guess what scooter, you don't fool me. Big wheels don't count. Now go clean up your toys before your mom get's mad.

I think this guy lied about his age, I'm guessing about 11 to 10.

54warrior
05-03-2007, 10:41 AM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s245/54warrior/Funny%20Stuff/Image1-3.jpg

FUTheman
05-03-2007, 05:23 PM
My is a 468cc which is bored and stroked. Most of the 468's will wale on mine since mine isn't ported. Raptors and Predators don't stand a chance unless they are modded pretty heavy. Dales have their problems, but HP and torque aren't one of them.

witech
05-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Oh the memories . Most of you have not been around Dales back in the early days before the major issues were sorted out. Threads like this abounded and many were started by previous Dale owners who had no clue how to take care of a state of the art race quad. Man I remember the threads about how no Jap quad will ever use fuel injection .

witech
05-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Oh the memories . Most of you have not been around Dales back in the early days before the major issues were sorted out. Threads like this abounded and many were started by previous Dale owners who had no clue how to take care of a state of the art race quad. Man I remember the threads about how no Jap quad will ever use fuel injection .

NorCalRacer
05-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by witech

I never new the Dales existed until a little over a year ago:eek2:
Guess I got in at the right time. No problems, loads of info and awesome power. Mine's still the only one I've ever seen in person. Maybe someday another one will show in in this area, until then I have the fastest thing around.:D

witech
05-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Yep I had mine for 2 years before I had a chance to ride with another one. Now I get to ride with them a lot. They just keep crawling out of the woodwork.

450rJam
05-05-2007, 04:43 PM
atc king,

the dale is one of the only pure bread, race ready atv straight from the factory. they had a few problems but when they where right they where hard to beat. (pretty pricey though)

ugly ? thats opinion, but to call them junk would be pretty far off.

you where flamed because you spoke without any info.
if your post would have been titled
"tell me about the cannondales"
you would have gotten more positive responses.

05-07-2007, 09:54 AM
I dont like the look of C-dails eathor but I know their fast!! :devil: If I had one I would put 250r plastic on it.

ATC_KING
05-07-2007, 10:16 AM
thank you 450rJam that is what i wanted. when i said they are junk i ment that they look like junk. what makes them so much faster than a honda 450r ?

05-07-2007, 10:22 AM
thank you 450rJam that is what i wanted. when i said they are junk i ment that they look like junk. what makes them so much faster than a honda 450r ?

EVERYTHING!!! Stock against stock that is. Fast motor. Aluminum frame. Wide. Bead locks. Good shocks. The list goes on. Its sold race ready. But the 450s can be made just as good even better. Cant find C-dal parts to easy eithor.

yamadjs08
05-07-2007, 02:55 PM
What I don't understand is why people find it so hard to believe that a Cannondale is fast. Like a 432cc is so much smaller than a 449cc, no way it can be faster. Back in 2004 when the yfz450 and 450r first came out, the yfz was a bit faster than the 450r stock for stock and it was a 439cc, 7cc's more than a stock Cannondale. They are fast for a number of reasons as far as power, fuel injection, very high rev limit, and I think most of all is traction. The Cannondale hooks up very well in a drag race it seems...

...Man I love Cannondales:devil: :devil: :devil:

Too many people are truly missing out...:D

450rJam
05-07-2007, 03:28 PM
bigger cc's does not equal faster motor or more horse power.

the 450r will smoke the 660raptor even though the raptor has a larger displacement.

power to weight ratio, power delivery, gearing, tires, flow, compression ratio, etc etc etc

lots of things play into making a quad faster than the next.

soilworker
05-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by doodtherider
EVERYTHING!!! Stock against stock that is. Fast motor. Aluminum frame. Wide. Bead locks. Good shocks. The list goes on. Its sold race ready. But the 450s can be made just as good even better. Cant find C-dal parts to easy eithor.
Correct except for the parts thing. You can find them anywhere. You can build a quad from the ground up for under $2k basically start to finish. If you can't find a part for a C'Dale then you must not have internet access. Parts are a fraction of the cost of other manufacturers and readily available. You just may have to call and wait 2-3 days rather than go to a dealer.

Still worth it.

yamadjs08
05-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
bigger cc's does not equal faster motor or more horse power.

the 450r will smoke the 660raptor even though the raptor has a larger displacement.

power to weight ratio, power delivery, gearing, tires, flow, compression ratio, etc etc etc

lots of things play into making a quad faster than the next.
I know that displacement does not mean anything, what I was saying is that it seems people see it that way. Or that seems to be the only explanation as to why people can't believe Cannondales are that fast...

ATC_KING
05-08-2007, 10:30 AM
what is the compression on the dale's? do you think the LT-R is not race ready? i want to see some pics of some dale's

05-08-2007, 10:39 AM
what is the compression on the dale's? do you think the LT-R is not race ready? i want to see some pics of some dale's

All the 450s need nerfbars and kill switch and their race ready but the ltr is the most race ready in stock form. No matter what all the 450s no matter how race ready they come every one still changes every thing on them. All the 450's were made for mx "and" trail. The c-dail was made spacificaly for mx.

witech
05-08-2007, 11:50 AM
The moto was made for off the shelf mx racing.The blaze was made for xc. The Cannibal ,fx400 were the cheaper models and came with the cheap crap parts like the jap quads. The speed had a blend of low end aftermarket parts.

450rJam
05-08-2007, 04:05 PM
ltr450 race ready ?

only thing ltr has other 450's dont:
18" tires (suck for anything but mx)
wider a arms/axle (too wide for alot of tight xc woods)

most people who race them end up getting aftermarket arms
better tires, long travel shocks,nerfs,kill switch,bead locks...........
then trying to make the motor keep up with honda/yamaha

nope not race ready when compaired to the dale

CannondaleRider
05-08-2007, 06:50 PM
I think the wording "Race Ready" is a little misused.

The only truly race ready quads thus far have been the Moto and the Blaze....nothing else has been.

Take an LTR out(or any other new bike), into a TRUE race.....other then very smooth, stock class racing, and you will see that it is not race ready....at all.

jesshamner
05-08-2007, 09:56 PM
The Cannibal ,fx400 were the cheaper models and came with the cheap crap parts like the jap quads. The speed had a blend of low end aftermarket parts.

How do you figure? The only thing I can think of are the Arvins, toaster, and wheels. The wheels were decent unless you rode in rocky conditions.

cdrookie
05-09-2007, 10:07 AM
any quad that needs the motor completely disassembled/inspected/updated/rebuilt before you even ride it can't be too good now, can it:confused:

Ripitupfilms
05-09-2007, 10:36 AM
all this kid did is cause people to argue dont respond to this wasteful post

jesshamner
05-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by cdrookie
any quad that needs the motor completely disassembled/inspected/updated/rebuilt before you even ride it can't be too good now, can it:confused:

You're just mad because you don't have a quad with Arvins anymore. :devil:

cdrookie, you'll never believe this but the Arvins saved the day for me a about a month ago. It was 2 days before a race and my spring retaining collar broke on my Ohlins. Canniboomer mentioned that it is about the same as the Arvins collar. So I cannibalized the Arvins for their collars and was able to race! Hooray for Arvins! LOL.

witech
05-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner
How do you figure? The only thing I can think of are the Arvins, toaster, and wheels. The wheels were decent unless you rode in rocky conditions.

Dont forget vinyl seat cover with hard foam,steel bars,trail wolfe tires,grips, plastic keyplate,fox shock.

The reason I payed a little more to get the speed was it at least had aftermarket goodies on it.

54warrior
05-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Dont forget vinyl seat cover with hard foam,steel bars,trail wolfe tires,grips, plastic keyplate,fox shock.

The reason I payed a little more to get the speed was it at least had aftermarket goodies on it.

Yeah, I had an 03 Speed #23.

ITP Holeshots and wheels
Tag Bars
Gripper Seat Cover
Ohlins Shocks
It did have the "toaster" but aside from that, it had every bit of good components as the Moto/Blaze. A-arms were the same as the Blaze, same axle.

If memory serves, the only real difference between a Speed/Blaze was the following:

-Blaze had a different map which allowed it to rev higher
-Handguards
-Tag Fat Bars
-Number Plate
-Beadlocks
-Nerf Bars
-Graphics
-FMF Exhaust
-Ohlins Shocks w/ rezzies

If I'm missing something please correct me.

soilworker
05-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Also have wave rotors, killswitch, and better tires. Not much more though. Might've had the different wheel hubs that the moto had but don't recall.

Also had steering dampner I believe.

jesshamner
05-09-2007, 03:26 PM

I didn't know the foam was any different. Could have fooled me. The speed seat wasn't the same as the Cannibal? I know it had the graphics on it. Was it a gripper too? Not all Cannibals came with trail wolfs. Which grips do you speak of? The stock Cannondale grips that came with mine were some of the best I have ever used. Plastic keyplate did suck. Fox shock isn't all that bad. It just doesn't have adjustment. Besides, some Cannibals came with Ohlins all around. However, I would go so far as to say that the fox shock and grips were junk. The bars were pretty good for a set of steel bars too. Much better than what you get with the japanese quads.

jesshamner
05-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by soilworker
Also have wave rotors, killswitch, and better tires. Not much more though. Might've had the different wheel hubs that the moto had but don't recall.

Also had steering dampner I believe.

All these are true. The moto and blaze had the magnesium hubs. The tires that came on mine were the same as what came on the blaze.

I agree, the Cannibal didn't have as many goodies, but in no way were they cheap. They just didn't have the aftermarket stuff like the higher end models. They did use the same a arms, same steel braided brake lines,steering stem (minus fatbar clamps), and same swing arm.

I'm sorry but Witech made it sound like the Cannibal was an inferior machine due to the quality of the parts. I just want to point out to people that don't know much about them that the Cannibal is BASE MODEL and not really inferior. Its the same quad w/o all the race ready equipment. The quality is no where near as low as the quality of the stock parts on japanese quads.

honda450rider33
05-14-2007, 02:11 PM
go and take what ever quad dirt bike what ever and go race that "ugly Cannondale" and see what happens, my buddy has a cannondale speed and it is insainly fast and i dont think it looks bad at all

ATC_KING
05-22-2007, 04:32 PM
i think that they look bad because of the head lights, they look like bug eyes. but not everyone likes ATC's or the TRX450R. but if you like the power of the dale and the 450s a not good enough then i understand why you gota dale.

yamadjs08
05-22-2007, 04:59 PM
To be honest, the look of a Cannondale grows on you slowly... I used to think they were ugly too, but now they look racey if that is even a word LOL.:devil:

Think of it this way, they have a very unique look, kind of like a banshee, you will always be able to spot one out of the crowd...

rollie
05-22-2007, 07:02 PM
i personaly think the dale has the best looks out there, its different but not so different that it looks like a rocket ship like some of the new bikes.

jesshamner
05-22-2007, 07:32 PM
I guess I'm a little weird for a Cannondale owner. I don't like the looks of my Cannondale all that much. I hate how wide it is in the front. It hurts my knees.

...But I LOVE the power. I'll trade looks for power and handling.

soilworker
05-23-2007, 12:44 AM
There's always the 250R kit to make the front plastic less wide and give it that "classic" look.

NorCalRacer
05-23-2007, 09:03 AM
I have some plastic with integrated deletes that looks pretty sharp:D Some day in the future, I will learn how to post pics.

jesshamner
05-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by soilworker
There's always the 250R kit to make the front plastic less wide and give it that "classic" look.

Not for an XC racer. The 250r kit tank holds less than 2 gallons.

witech
05-23-2007, 11:40 AM
The biggest issue I have with the honda plastic is meeting people who think they just got beat by a prototype aluminum framed honda.

armoks
05-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer
I have some plastic with integrated deletes that looks pretty sharp:D Some day in the future, I will learn how to post pics.

Use Photobucket to host them, then copy and paste the IMG link;)

ATC_KING
05-24-2007, 12:49 PM
hey jesshamner i think now that you said that the guys on here are going to not like you that much.

jesshamner
05-24-2007, 01:09 PM
I'll manage.

soilworker
05-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
Not for an XC racer. The 250r kit tank holds less than 2 gallons.
There's a couple tanks that're nearly 3 gallons floating around. Rare but out there. One was for sale recently.

jesshamner
05-24-2007, 08:37 PM
I would love to have one of those. I think I can finish pretty much any local race on 3 gallons.

honda450rider33
05-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by yamadjs08
To be honest, the look of a Cannondale grows on you slowly... I used to think they were ugly too, but now they look racey if that is even a word LOL.:devil:

Think of it this way, they have a very unique look, kind of like a banshee, you will always be able to spot one out of the crowd...

that is true because they are very unique looking just like the banshee. i think they look like a frog

ATC_KING
06-08-2007, 12:49 PM
same here. but i will not let something like that grow on me,or i will cut it off. lol

Ron89
06-08-2007, 01:55 PM
I was always in love with the looks of the cannondale. That was the reason I liked them back in the day. I hate the goofy quads that look like something out of an anime convention. I don't see why everyone thinks they look ugly. God forbid it has normal headlights and a lack of vents all over the place...

NorCalRacer
06-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Don't worry, if you don't own one you only get to see it for a few seconds, as it leaves you in the dust......:blah:

ATC_KING
06-11-2007, 02:18 PM
i will never race anything that ugly. so how can it leave me in the dust?

Ron89
06-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Ok, when I get around to designing a quad, I will make sure there are plenty of vents everywhere so the engine runs nice and cool...oh wait, they don't do anything(gotta have that sweet power ranger look)...Should I go ahead and make the front fenders come high enough to hit your chin too? Your fenders can never be too high and pointy. Also, I'll make the headlight one big spotlight that looks like a cyclops godzilla and put a sticker on the side that says "Not Meant to race ugly quads." Hey, maybe sailor moon will race it next year at the anime convention. I hear the power rangers and naruto might also be sponsoring. Man, I will be rich someday...with more vents and a bigger spotlight than the closest competitor, I am sure to outsell everyone.

Ron89
06-11-2007, 04:12 PM
By the way, I was working on an anvertisement for my new quad design. I just wanted to run it through you first since you have such an awesome taste in quads compared to us cannondale guys. Is this nice or what? No need to thank me, I knew you would like it. Maybe I'll add the wheel delete with the msrp. It puts one wheel up front like a trike for superior cornering...but that is still in the works.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/RonDK/Blah/nicequad.jpg

jesshamner
06-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Ron89
By the way, I was working on an anvertisement for my new quad design. I just wanted to run it through you first since you have such an awesome taste in quads compared to us cannondale guys. Is this nice or what? No need to thank me, I knew you would like it. Maybe I'll add the wheel delete with the msrp. It puts one wheel up front like a trike for superior cornering...but that is still in the works.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/RonDK/Blah/nicequad.jpg

LMAO...I just hit the floor. You are my hero.

Ron89
06-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Oh almost forgot...this quad comes with INDUSTRY FIRST: carb, steel vented sheetmetal frame, vents, vents, plastic wheels, 3 stroke motor, and free stickers. We are currently working on adapting fuel injection off of another quad to form the INDUSTRY FIRST fuel injection system. Eventhough the FI came from another quad, we still like to belive we are the first in the industry.

witech
06-11-2007, 07:23 PM
ROFL If anyone has been to the indy show in the last few years you know exactly why that is funny on so many levels. Its power ranger madness. Kinda reminds of Dinli's *******ized protodale.

cannondale27
06-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Oh My!You Rule.Thats Hilarious.Think they will include a set of Storm Trooper boots!

cannondale27
06-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Oh Yeah definitly need the Utility tire and Winch option.Dont forget reverse also.

svahle
06-11-2007, 08:08 PM
So many times I have regretted ever posting on this thread because I keep getting email notices that there is a new post. But it is now worth it.

There is no way anyone would produce such a race ready machine complete with nerfs and upsidedown shocks.

yamadjs08
06-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Bahahahahahhahahahahaha! Holy **** you just made my day... Funniest thing I've seen in a while! Thanks so much for sharing your design, it looks like a real winner!:D :D :D

happyboy
06-11-2007, 10:18 PM
dang man, if only you were around when cannondale was designing their quad then MAYBE they would still be in business. so sad. :blah:

Ron89
06-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Yea, I figured I would be the one to save them but I was a little too late. I decided to hold off because I know that once my prototype is done, every company will be on their knees...
NOW, what to do with ATC_KING and his notorious designs. I don't know how I can compete with the almighty trike...this is gonna be rough. I know! I'll steal technology off of other companies and claim to be the first in the industry. This seems very clear to me now...I'll add crazy vents all over the place and get 13 year olds to talk crap on the Cannondales. Why stop there? I can add a lift kit and maybe throw in a couple more cat-eye headlights.

Look out world.

honda8&3
06-12-2007, 02:27 PM

wow... im not a big fan of c dales but i wouldn't say that on Connondale forum.:huh

honda8&3
06-12-2007, 02:27 PM

wow... im not a big fan of c dales but i wouldn't say that on Connondale forum.:huh

honda8&3
06-12-2007, 02:28 PM

honda8&3

wow... im not a big fan of cdales, but i wouldn't say that on a cdale forum:huh

honda8&3

svahle
06-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by honda8&3

It looks to me like you just said it 5 times in the Cannondale forum.:D

ACEwrench
06-12-2007, 03:05 PM
can we let this thread die please.....

honda8&3
06-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by svahle
It looks to me like you just said it 5 times in the Cannondale forum.:D

sorry thought computer froze or something

svahle
06-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by honda8&3
sorry thought computer froze or something

I figured. No problem. I just couldn't pass up the irony!

honda8&3
06-12-2007, 06:56 PM

Wow at least u guys r nice on this forum, some guys r just complete ***** holes when it comes to this little stuff:D

honda8&3
06-12-2007, 06:56 PM

Wow at least u guys r nice on this forum, some guys r just complete ***** holes when it comes to this little stuff:D

honda8&3
06-12-2007, 06:57 PM

honda8&3
06-12-2007, 06:57 PM
chit i did it again:D

ACEwrench
06-13-2007, 09:08 AM
LOL!!!

ATC_KING
06-14-2007, 01:25 PM
damn that is so funny.

ATC_KING
06-14-2007, 01:26 PM
damn that is so funny.

ATC_KING
06-14-2007, 01:26 PM
damn that is so funny.

jesshamner
06-15-2007, 09:47 AM
It really is. :D

ATC_KING
06-15-2007, 12:33 PM
i dont think that what just happend was funny.

Ron89
06-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Wonderful...thanks for the heads up.

honda8&3
06-16-2007, 03:14 PM

What happened?:huh

honda8&3
06-16-2007, 03:14 PM

What happened?:huh

300exguy125
06-24-2007, 06:50 PM
i like the cannondale forum alot as i read through all these pages of posts i was cracken up and i think i almost fell out of my chair i think this was the best thread and i really liked the posts from ron89 and jesshammer as far has c dales go i never new much about them or really ever seen one but the one i did see looked like the rear end was really low and that it would bottom out alot which dale was this? i seen it in a mag

300exguy125
06-24-2007, 06:50 PM
i like the cannondale forum alot as i read through all these pages of posts i was cracken up and i think i almost fell out of my chair i think this was the best thread and i really liked the posts from ron89 and jesshammer as far has c dales go i never new much about them or really ever seen one but the one i did see looked like the rear end was really low and that it would bottom out alot which dale was this? i seen it in a mag

Ron89
06-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Probably the ATK picture...I saw that one too. The fender looks like it is hitting the tire. I have no idea why it looks like that.
Was this it?
http://catalog.goforitgraphics.com/images/atk_red.gif

300exguy125
06-24-2007, 08:25 PM
yeah it looked just like that i thought whats wrong but now i see whats goin on

cannondale27
06-25-2007, 05:22 AM
I know.There was a big fat butted rider on there they just photoshoped him out.And I know who it was:D

jesshamner
06-25-2007, 05:55 AM
Those rear tires look huge! The older Kenda 22's were actually 23 inches tall. But there is definitely some series sag going on there. Looks like a blown shock and the 23 inch kendas. :D

ATC_KING
06-28-2007, 02:37 PM
hey 300exguy125 you did "IT" too. lol yeah i didnt know much about them so i started this thread and now look at it, we are not even talking about c dales that much.

ATC_KING
07-10-2007, 01:29 PM
i seen a c dale in a GNCC race on tv and i dont even think that it made the top 10..

jesshamner
07-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks for sharing. I don't know if I would have lived withough that useful information. :eek2:

Ron89
07-10-2007, 03:05 PM
I SEEN an annoying member once and I don't think I liked him. I also seen some bad grammar. I'm not going to point fingers though. Also, just a quick question. How many ATCs did you see make it to the top 10?

450rJam
07-10-2007, 03:50 PM
I thought this tread was dead and burried

firefighterjosh
07-10-2007, 07:33 PM
i seen a c dale in a GNCC race on tv and i dont even think that it made the top 10..

When you watch a race you see about 200 Yamaha 450s, 200 Honda 450s, 300 400exs, a handful of others and 2 C dales. That is why you dont see many up in the top spots.

BTW when Jeff I belvie raced a ATK I belive he won his first or 2nd race on a ATK.

They are also great on the holeshot.;)

ATC_KING
07-13-2007, 12:59 PM
why are they so great on the holeshot?

x rider1291
07-13-2007, 11:48 PM
because he said they are

rollie
07-14-2007, 03:10 PM
why are they so great on the holeshot? \

why does your FMF pipe increase performance?

because it was MADE with that specific goal in mind ,just like a cannondale.

witech
07-19-2007, 09:36 PM
I think its because most of the Dale guys are a more mature crowd that are to old or out of shape to run with the young kids on the mx track so they focus on drag racing . That and the overwhelming power is why Timbomoose and the PA gang dominate in the drags.
Speaking of the FMF they might make average pipes for all other brands but they did one heck of a job on the stock race exhaust for cannondale. Only recently was the stock system brought down by a set of custom duals.

armoks
07-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Yea they dominate in low level drags. stock class they rule but any mods on the rest and they are out classed.

FMF on anything sucks like a Wisconsin built dale. Anything can run better on an aftermarket pipe.

Wistech you were right on the old out of shape persons owning dales noone else would buy them LOL!!

AND custom duals LMFAO!!! get the suspention sooo hot you cant ride it!! get freeking real man, dales had seen thier day and are far out of the quad life as we once knew it!!!!

cdrookie
07-20-2007, 11:53 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by armoks

FMF on anything sucks like a Wisconsin built dale.

LMAO!

Wistech you were right on the old out of shape persons owning dales noone else would buy them LOL!!

young kids are buying them more than old people. old people know about buying stuff from companies that are no longer in business. kids don't have much cash and dales are cheap.

ATC_KING
07-20-2007, 01:23 PM
FMF is the best thing you can put on anything. so dales made in wisconsin ?

450rJam
07-20-2007, 04:10 PM
im sure your not bias just because you have one on your rocket ship 200cc atc,

im sure you have compaired dyno runs and ran many diff. systems

you wouldnt just spout off

NorCalRacer
07-23-2007, 06:36 PM
get freeking real man, dales had seen thier day and are far out of the quad life as we once knew it!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope, nothing competes yet. Try again when somebody, ANYBODY, builds something as innovative and badass as a dale. Suzuki hasn't hit it yet, and the Kawi's frame is a joke, so how is the dale dead?

armoks
07-23-2007, 06:59 PM
get freeking real man, dales had seen thier day and are far out of the quad life as we once knew it!!!! (/B][/QUOTE)

Nope, nothing competes yet. Try again when somebody, ANYBODY, builds something as innovative and badass as a dale. Suzuki hasn't hit it yet, and the Kawi's frame is a joke, so how is the dale dead?

Thats why there are sooo many running in the Nats:rolleyes:

predracer
07-23-2007, 07:30 PM
um by the way i bought my 2007 450 er for 5800 brand new .......the new atk cannondales are like over 10000 so nope they are not cheap ................the only reason why c dales arent as popular as another 450 quad is they where and still are to far ahead of their time .look at the new kfx,and the ltr ....people are calling them new,sleek, innovative, please!!! cannondale had this technoligy 5 years ago ............give it up and face it a c dale with all the updates is with out a doubt the most technologically advanced quad you have ever seen ............more people would have them if they could afford them ...........

kbrown
07-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Dales are a agreat bike for someone who wants to spend all of there time in the pits and ride a 30+ class or a c class. lol they are the worst fuel injection but hey it was put out way before anyone else could think of it. heres my saying better carry the tools to change a plug on the fly and own stock in NGK. Me being a young gun I need somethin I can ride now not tommorow with 10hrs worth of prep time. Get a LTR it wont let ya down.

CannondaleRider
07-23-2007, 09:21 PM
It's so laughable when people open their mouths when they know absolutely nothing about the subject.:p

DRT
07-23-2007, 10:19 PM

Nope, nothing competes yet. Try again when somebody, ANYBODY, builds something as innovative and badass as a dale. Suzuki hasn't hit it yet, and the Kawi's frame is a joke, so how is the dale dead? [/B]

Roll design and Walsh racecraft.......if it wasn't for the pro production rule the pros would still be racing them today.

kbrown
07-23-2007, 10:36 PM
LOL I bought a dale thinking it was gonna be a great bike which it was but after 2 blown motors with all of the updates and a cracked swinger and a cracked cradle I had to let it go for way less than what I had in it. So let me know when ya get ready to ride and come get some.lol dales always have such a great debate

kbrown
07-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Oh and im not talking about a drag race I had my glory with the drag racing dale it hardly loses

armoks
07-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
It's so laughable when people open their mouths when they know absolutely nothing about the subject.:p

Ok lets start.....

First the FI, yea GP control is a great idea, let the consumer play with everything. I built some good maps and still do for friends. Problem is there are maps out there now that have all the same timing but different fuels, sounds like what the others are doing. Optimum had a great program but was unstable, you had to watch for throttle cals and hex just disappearing on the fly. You could get different power in different places but you have the so called pro's saying those maps will hurt your motor(BTW no map has killed a motor yet... PROVE me wrong)

The frame, GREAT design and VERY strong....BUT it was wide up top and went off of Honda geometry, well close but not exactly. So that was off of old school.

Business practices....(man I can go on and on LOL), First every engine builder for dales goes after every other one and goes right for the throat!! They are hurting themselves.

ATK... ATK bought up parts dirt cheap and started selling them. Great a savior and they are going to keep going on research ...hmmmm maybe NOT!!!

Want me to go on????

CannondaleRider
07-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Dude, armoks.....although most seem to dive straight at you when making comments............I wan't even talking to you. Look at the post directly above mine :rolleyes:

armoks
07-23-2007, 11:02 PM
I've seen his kind of post mutiple times and agree with it. they are for fanatics and people who want to do tons of reasearch on them. The quads that are now produced are easier to work on and less complicated for the average consumer.

I agree with him on that post.

yamadjs08
07-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by kbrown
lol they are the worst fuel injection but hey it was put out way before anyone else could think of it.
kbrown I guess I don't see how its the worst fuel injection? Armoks is partially right, there are a few issues, but its still far more advanced than Suzukis FI on the LTR.

Seriously though, what makes you say that its the worst? I'm curious as to what makes you think this. Can you change the timing on the LTR's FI? Can you change the throttle sensitivity? Rev Limit? Can you change maps on an LTR and actually feel the difference in power besides adding fuel to make up for a pipe or something. Can you load a map that will totally rip up top and switch later that day to a map that is killer for the woods and has loads of bottom end? Can you do any of this on the LTR's FI? I'm not being a smart ***, I'm honestly asking because I'm pretty clueless about the LTR's FI, but I was under the impression that changing maps only changes the fuel curve?

kbrown
07-24-2007, 08:52 AM
LOL sorry guys I didnt mean to offend anyone with the posts I was just trying to give an honest answer for some of the guys who have never owned one. If you are a good mechanic and have access to all of the tools a laptop, and the mapping program and all of the time to tinker with it then it is good. I also understand the map changing is very simple if you once again have a access. Im not trying to bash any bikes I just feel like some people get rid of these bikes to people who have no clue what is going on with them and then they are stuck with a 1500$ part out project. So on that note I will leave the rest of the cannondale posts for the dale guys.

svahle
07-24-2007, 09:27 AM
We all know that everyone has preferences and that what ever we own at the time is the best thing ever. It is also painfully clear that those loyal to dales are grossly outnumbered by owners of other makes and models. My experience is that most of the critics have never riden, owned, or even seen a dale. This is likely due to the fact that there were fewer dales produced even in the years that Cannondale was viable. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some are baseless and others are founded on experience, trial/error, and research. But does it do any good to voice it in this thread in a derogatory fashion?

I know this will fall on deaf ears and I nearly deleted the above before posting it. However, maybe there is someone out there (like me) who truly appreciates forums such as this one and looks to it for USEFUL information.

It just dawned on me that the others that look to this forum for useful information probably ignored this thread to begin with. As for those people, I am grateful.

Sorry for the long post/rant. Don't worry, I don't plan to make any more posts in the thread or even read it for that matter.

yamadjs08
07-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by kbrown
LOL sorry guys I didnt mean to offend anyone with the posts I was just trying to give an honest answer for some of the guys who have never owned one. If you are a good mechanic and have access to all of the tools a laptop, and the mapping program and all of the time to tinker with it then it is good. I also understand the map changing is very simple if you once again have a access. Im not trying to bash any bikes I just feel like some people get rid of these bikes to people who have no clue what is going on with them and then they are stuck with a 1500$ part out project. So on that note I will leave the rest of the cannondale posts for the dale guys.
Nah man its all good, like I said I wasn't trying to come off as an ***. I just really don't know much about the LTR's FI and I definitely disagreed with your statement. Yes you have to work on Cannondales, but honestly I don't see that you need to work on them more than any other new 450. I guess for trail riding maybe, but if you race, regardless of what you ride, you will be working on it. I have since learned this in my few short years of racing and I've also learned that switching to a different machine wouldn't be worth the time money or effort, because I would still be working on it, regardless of brand.

NorCalRacer
08-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by armoks
Thats why there are sooo many running in the Nats:rolleyes:

Nobody runs them because Frank White is a horses *** and won't pay out contingincies. If ATK had any backbone as a company and showed some racer support I think these machines would have no problems in the nats:macho

thedeatons
08-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey Armoks... No offense intended here, but maps do kill motors. I know a guy who added too much fuel to his Dale and it washed out the rings, and he seized the piston. He went WAY over the rich edge on that one. Just thought I would throw that out there.... Maps can kill if done incorrectly... I saw that one firsthand, so there is nothing but honesty here...

thedeatons
08-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey Armoks... No offense intended here, but maps do kill motors. I know a guy who added too much fuel to his Dale and it washed out the rings, and he seized the piston. He went WAY over the rich edge on that one. Just thought I would throw that out there.... Maps can kill if done incorrectly... I saw that one firsthand, so there is nothing but honesty here...

DRT
08-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by thedeatons

Was he sure he went the right way with the numbers? I have never heard of a motor get seized up due to it being to rich.Usually if a Dale is running way to rich it just doesn't like to run at all.

cdrookie
08-26-2007, 07:25 AM
unless your buddy made a new map, changing the flowrate# is not a map issue.

450rJam
08-26-2007, 07:32 AM
unless there was a electrical short or a defect in the system its not canondales fault.
there are no idiot proof atv's, if you want to do something stupid to your atv that can cause it to lock up, who is to stop you ?

It would have to be so rich that it wouldnt run worth a crap and you would have to keep trying to ride it under those conditions.

I think ron white said it best

"YOU CANT FIX STUPID"

armoks
08-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Lets bring back old threads....yaaaaaay!

thedeatons, If there was that much fuel running into there a dale wouldn't start you would foul out the plug, thats why we all had to lean them out by 50 when they first came out because cdale set them on the rich side out of the factory. When the first owners of the orginal dales bought them we were fouling plugs like crazy and thats when we had to change the offsets and flowrates to adjust for it.

Maps don't kill motors, flowrate and offset do. no matter whats changed in a map you have to adjust the flow and offset for that map, your friend's motor didn't die from the map it died from his not understanding the flowrate/offset ratios and adjusting them incorectly.

StrongRacing43
08-26-2007, 01:58 PM
How do they look like crap?

ATC_KING
08-28-2007, 02:24 PM
act like what?

chevyman89
01-03-2008, 10:48 AM
One point if these cannondales are so good how come we don't see them raceing agains Bill Ballance and the other pros with the Cannondales. No afence with anyone just woundering

tedwilley
01-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Pro racers generally are picked by the manufacturer not the other way around.
No support or contingency money, no ride.
If Jetmoto for example, paid enough, a pro would race one.
Hopefully ATK will follow through with rider support as they have proposed.
When ATK or Cannondale was supporting racers, they generally won.
ITP 6 hours last month, the ATK took the holeshot and finished second.

jesshamner
01-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Old thread.

But since you bumped it again...ATK has offered contingency and didn't follow through. I have just and inkling of hope for ATK but they are showing no signs of life. They have had multiple opportunites and never went through with it.

joedirt
01-05-2008, 08:35 AM
I think a simple answer to the question would be the cannondale quads haven't been manufactured in 5 years and ATK just doesn't have the money.

400exrider_88
03-26-2008, 12:23 PM
for the retard that started this, cannondales will beat almost any 4wheeler out there, they are fast as hell. the only thing they couldnt beat is a modded 450r or yfz

300exguy125
03-26-2008, 04:38 PM
I have not been on in about ayear and i get a message about a comment posted on this thread. WTF lets put this baby to rest
sound good. lol

300exguy125
03-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Oh and the retard who started this thing along time is a master 3 wheeler rider and his name is atc king lol hahhaha he says some stupid but funny ****, I dont know if he is seriuos but what ever it is its funny

KingpinsEx
04-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Sorry guys but after reading through all this sh#t I had too...

For those of you asking about why no pro's are racing cannondales, well that is obvious because they went out of business. However, back in their prime if you saw the line of the nats it was all moto's, similarily to how it was when the YFZ was released. Nacs/Cannondale race team was the first factory backed raced team in nearly 20 years and it was no joke. Full factory support, semi and all just as the japs are beginning to do now. They were great machines that certainly could win, there is just no point for anyone serious about racing to do so with no support.

As for the comment way back about the cannibals being junk, thats far from the truth. They were an excellent starting point for someone who wants to modifiy them their own way without breaking the bank. Who would want to spend 12k on a moto/blaze then swap out the suspension, exhaust, bars, rims, ect? Thats why several pro's raced the cannibals instead of the motos so they could run their prefered aftermarket parts.

dunebuggie66
04-11-2008, 09:25 PM
this may have strayed off topic a bit by now, but a lot of people think that just because something has more cc's that it automatically makes more power/ torque. i have a fully built nmotion 520 motor in my 450r, and most of the pro's 450cc mx bikes make a lot more power than my 520. they need to be rebuilt/ maintained much more frequently, but the power that companies such as DASA and SPARKS can make out of a 450 these days is simply astounding. Joe Byrd's quad specifically.

450rJam
04-12-2008, 07:50 AM
chevyman, how board was you to dig that far back in the archives
to resurrect this dead dog ?

this whole thread was a joke, someone obviously uneducated in atv racing chose to make a thread bashing something they never heard of.

die thread die ...........................................