PDA

View Full Version : where can i get bigger jets?

rubnmenon
04-30-2007, 11:17 AM
i did some mods on my bike and it seems like i will need to buy bigger jets.

i have a full exhaust system, with a uni filter with no lid on, high compression pistion, port job, stage 2 camshaft etc....

i have a dynojet kit, i started at 146-148 and i sow it needed more gas, so i put the biggest one wish is 148-150, and im not to sure if it needs more or not, so now to find that out i need bigger jets to see what it would to with bigger jets, where can i get them, becauz im thinking on put an AIR BOX ELIMINATOR so thats for sure that i need bigger jets then

cjkranz
05-01-2007, 09:25 AM
I ran into the same situation. LRD performance. Get the big bore jet kit. It contains everything needed and works GREAT!! All the instructions were included and it was easy to install.. :D

rubnmenon
05-01-2007, 09:47 AM
where can a get the big bore jet kit?

mcwall1064
05-02-2007, 10:16 PM
I have had great experience with Jet R Us. The url is: http://www.jetsrus.com/main_page.htm. The prices are good and the jets (or whatever else I've ordered) are shipped promptly. They also have detailed jetting instructions.

rubnmenon
05-02-2007, 10:32 PM
ok i`ll order them there....

by the way what do u guys think would be the next thing i should get to make this thing faster?

mcwall1064
05-02-2007, 11:05 PM
I would look into an ignition module. One of the programmable products line a Dyna (I have one of these on a highly modded predator 558) would help you match the ignition curve with the new power characteristics of the modified engine. They also bump the upper rev limit by ~ 1000 rpm. I like mine and I'm sure you'd like yours. Good luck.

rubnmenon
05-03-2007, 08:43 AM
i already searched for a ignition module and they look pretty good, i think i will buy that one...

and what do u think of a edelbrock carb? they cost like 600 but do u think they will make my bike a lot faster?

cjkranz
05-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Have you ordered your jets yet?? I looked at the website listed and they still didn't have a "big-bore kit." Not only will you need bigger jets then normal, but also different needles and springs. www.lrdperformance.com will have what you need, in one kit, built for what you are doing.

rubnmenon
05-03-2007, 03:32 PM
no i havnt ordered them yet, somebody told me that i should get a edelbrock carb cuz then i get more air+more fuel
maybe it would increase a lot of power cuz the engine has a lot of mods already, so maybe thats the mod i need to complete the power... or what do u think?

mcwall1064
05-03-2007, 07:55 PM
The Eldelbrock has has an accelerator pump and as such, when properly setup should give you a little "snappier" throttle response. These carbs are easy to tune and very reliable. That said, you wont get any real performance gain between an Edelbrock and a "tweaked" stock carb. Save your money, mod the stock carb and add an ignition module. Good luck.

rubnmenon
05-03-2007, 11:04 PM
oh ok.... then i really dont wanna spend all the money on the carb becauz i want more power right now, i was looking for ignition module in ebay and i found 2, the "max rev" and the "dyna" wish one is better or what is the difference?

mcwall1064
05-04-2007, 03:42 PM
The "rev max" has a increased rev limit of ~1000 rpm and an advanced ignition curve. It is not adjustable. The Dyna also has an increased rev limit of ~1000 rpm however, it is programmable. You can download different timing curve programs from the Dyna web site which can be tailored to you specific engine modifications. Both are good but the Dyna is better.

rubnmenon
05-04-2007, 04:43 PM
oh ok i see, the rev max has an a lot better price, well im into drag racing, do u think its worth to spend the extra $ to buy the dyna?

mcwall1064
05-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Then probably yes. You'll be able to download an advance curve more suited for drag racing.

rubnmenon
05-04-2007, 10:40 PM
ok.... are there different models of dyna? cuz i see there are a lof of different prices on ebay of dyna