PDA

View Full Version : Crank 06

blasterracer88
04-30-2007, 09:49 AM
i rode my bike for about 3 months and it started not wanting to start, and it only got worse i would have to be pull started to get it going. so i talked to my engine guy and he said the the crank and valve where shot, i didnt beleave him so i told him that i would buy him lunch if it was roght. to make a long story short we pulled it apart and i had to redo the hole motor so put in corrilo rod, new cylinder, cp piston, kibble white valve and springs, HRC cam, ported, balanced the crank, and in the end i bought the guy a steak dinner. i had the hardest time was getting the pin and bearings for the crank since honda doesnt sell them.

Rulz
05-01-2007, 07:58 AM
You just wasted a ton of money if you replaced your crank after only 3 months! Hard starting usually indicates your intakes have closed up or your decompression adjustment is off. The fact that you could pull start it also indicates your intakes went to zero. You may have just needed to reshim the intakes and adjust the decompression. I'd find another mechanic or learn to do this stuff yourself, it's easy!

400exrider707
05-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Exactly what I was thinking, your valves were probably just out of adjustment. What do you mean honda doesn't sell the pin and bearings for the crank? :confused:

Big Red Menace
05-02-2007, 11:23 AM
for most models honda only sells the whole crank assy. Yes that sucks. I'm looking for a bad crank 'cause I need the cam chain gear off an '06-07 crank.

blasterracer88
05-03-2007, 08:11 PM
i had adjusted my valves 4 times and when we pulled the valves out the were DONE!!!!! , and i know honda doesnt sell the pin and bearing sepratly that the guy that does my motors is the same guy that did kenny roberts's engines and he did jeff emigs pipes and porting and is doing the cranks for american honda, so guys like tommy hahn and them are runing his stuff, and because i know him i can get all these parts, and i found another way cuz i'm having a order come in next week. of pin and bearing for the 06' 07' 450ER

400exrider707
05-04-2007, 07:24 AM
What "pin" are you guys referring to? What bearings can't you order? I've ordered just crank bearings before, without the crank. I must not be understanding what you guys are trying to say here.:confused:

blasterracer88
05-04-2007, 08:48 AM
the lower pin and bearing