PDA

View Full Version : borich to can - am

c450Razy
04-30-2007, 09:35 AM
i just saw that he singed a deal with can am and is going to be running a outlander in the WPSA ATV Powersports QuadTerrain.

Dale512
04-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Yep and don't be too surprised if you see him on a Can-Am 450 after summer break too. It should be unveiled at the dealer show in May. Word has it Can-Am has their eyes set on Natalie also.

coryatver
04-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Man he is running for a championship and he is going to switch his gncc program half way through the season and run a brand new bike that no one knows how to set up? That wouldn't be good!

yfz stealer
04-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Dale512
Yep and don't be too surprised if you see him on a Can-Am 450 after summer break too. It should be unveiled at the dealer show in May. Word has it Can-Am has their eyes set on Natalie also.
is this can-am 450 going to be like the other 450s

54warrior
04-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
Man he is running for a championship and he is going to switch his gncc program half way through the season and run a brand new bike that no one knows how to set up? That wouldn't be good!

My understanding from the original post is that he will continue running the GNCC's on his Honda, but will also be running the WPSA events in a Utility type class on the Outlander.

Ralph
04-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Dale512

I really like can-am but if they get natalie im gonna be pissed . Natalie should be on a honda and nothing else. Why dont they pick up someone with alot of potential who HASNT reached the top yet. It would mean alot more if can am was able to bring someone else to conquer natalies number 1 spot on this rumored 450 you mentioned.

Flynbryan19
04-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Borich won't run a Can-am in GNCC's. Theres no way he'll run an unproven machine when hes at the highest level of the sport.

54warrior
04-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
Borich won't run a Can-am in GNCC's. Theres no way he'll run an unproven machine when hes at the highest level of the sport.

I'd have to disagree, for a certain amount of money, people will do anything-regardless of the outcome.

On a side note, it's not like Can-Am doesn't know what they are doing. I hope they come out with something great to give us something to talk about.

Quad18star
04-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by yfz stealer

Has Can-Am ever come out with something that has looked like the competitions bikes ??

Expect something wild from them .

Just look what they did to the Renegade 800 .... there's nothing else like it out there .

swampfoxsc
04-30-2007, 03:17 PM
I don't have any insider information or anything like that, this is all speculation.

Who do you think tests new machines for the factories? What makes you think Borich hasn't been testing the Can-Am for a while now? Don't be surprised at what may happen with Can-Am and KTM coming out with new 450's soon and who may be riding them. Can-Am is trying to buy championships all over the atv racing world. The GNCC utility ranks are full of Can-Am riders. When you saturate the starting line with your machines, you are bound to get some winners to boast about in your advertisements in the quad magazines. That's what turns heads and sells quads.

If I was a betting man I'd say Borich ends the season on a Can-Am winning the championship and Can-Am plasters that all over the quad magazines. The average person that buys a quad doesn't race and will only see that the new Can-Am 450 won a championship time it hit the showrooms.

They tried that with Penland mid-season two years ago but he lost it to Robey.

GE4x4
04-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Penland didn't loose it because he went on the Can-am, he actually did better on it. But it was only the last 4 races and not mid season. Robey had a awesome year, and won it fair and not by default because Penland went on the Outty.

54warrior
04-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by swampfoxsc
If I was a betting man I'd say Borich ends the season on a Can-Am winning the championship and Can-Am plasters that all over the quad magazines. The average person that buys a quad doesn't race and will only see that the new Can-Am 450 won a championship time it hit the showrooms.

The original post ONLY said "i just saw that he singed a deal with can am and is going to be running a outlander in the WPSA ATV Powersports QuadTerrain."

Borich is currently running the GNCC Series on a Honda TRX450R. My interperatation of the original statement is that he will be running the WPSA series on an Outlander (Utility 4x4) machine.

There is no mention at all of a 450 quad in the statement, sure it might be in the works, but I strongly doubt that he will drop his Honda in the middle of the season.

DOHC
04-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior
I'd have to disagree, for a certain amount of money, people will do anything-regardless of the outcome.

On a side note, it's not like Can-Am doesn't know what they are doing. I hope they come out with something great to give us something to talk about.
Exactly prime examble is Matt Smiley he went to polaris when they werent ready to go aganst yami honda and suz

Pappy
04-30-2007, 06:31 PM
man i wish i could not be privilidged to behind the scenes stuff:devil: do you know how hard it is keeping hush hush...lmao

mum is the word, my lips are sealed and they dont make enough beer to get me talking!

:D

Scro
04-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
they dont make enough beer to get me talking!

What about a little Jack?:p

Quad18star
04-30-2007, 06:58 PM

mum is the word, my lips are sealed and they dont make enough beer to get me talking!

Maybe not beer , but I have a 40 of Crown Royal and a 40 of Cuban Rum that'll have to jabbering all night long !!!! MUAHAHAHA. :devil:

swampfoxsc
04-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
Penland didn't loose it because he went on the Can-am, he actually did better on it. But it was only the last 4 races and not mid season. Robey had a awesome year, and won it fair and not by default because Penland went on the Outty.

I never said Penland lost it because of his move to Can-Am. My point was simply that Can-Am has gotten the top guys in the Ute ranks to ride for them and they started with Penland since he is the most recognizeable in that class. Had he won the championship they would have been advertising it all over the place. They will do the same if Borich signs with them to race a 450. They are heavily involved in atv racing and doing all they can to move their business to the front. Buying the top riders is one step towards that goal.

For what it's worth, there is a rumor floating around that Borich has been on the Can-Am 450 for a while now. Like I said, it's just a rumor and that's all I know. Pappy knows something and isn't talking. What could that be Pappy?!!!

Ralph
04-30-2007, 08:12 PM
man i wish i could not be privilidged to behind the scenes stuff:devil: do you know how hard it is keeping hush hush...lmao

Ralph
04-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by swampfoxsc
Had he won the championship they would have been advertising it all over the place. They will do the same if Borich signs with them to race a 450.

Thats advertising. Thats the sole reason they are paying pros to race. Win races on Sunday sell bikes on Monday.

One_Bad_400
04-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by yfz stealer

my mouth is sealed shut! :devil: