PDA

View Full Version : why wienen dnf''d yesterday

FHKracingZ
04-30-2007, 07:48 AM
i just off the phone with chad and he said that his fuel boiled. im kinda confused, never heard of that, maybe its something to do with the fuel injection. whats your guys take on it?

ABM-Cannibal
04-30-2007, 08:17 AM
I had this happen on my Cannondale. From the factory they ran my fuel line on top of the head and with the extra heat would cause the fuel to boil or vapor lock. I just had to reroute the fuel hose around the motor instead and the problem was fixed. Maybe the Zuki's are having the same problem.

LTR450_#67
04-30-2007, 09:10 AM
That is wierd. I'll take your word on it, but that is the first time I've heard of that on the LTR.... They have a shield between the gas tank fuel line lead and the head. The line then comes out from the swirl tank (which is the where the fuel filter and fuel shut off are, about the size of the palm of your hand.) to the fuel pump. Again I'll take your word on it. It just seems wierd.
Hopefully that's the last of Chads hard luck.

Thanks for the info

GO CHAD!

ABM-Cannibal
04-30-2007, 09:26 AM
It took my Cannondale 3 years before it started doing that.

c450Razy
04-30-2007, 09:26 AM
is there a posabilty that they removed the sheld? (save weight??)

i don`t think that they would, but maybe.

LTR450_#67
04-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Maybe.....The shield is plastic but weighs a few ounces. I'm gonna say it was a fluke or just a freak thing.....You WILL see Chad on the podium a lot this season..... The only other possibility is a faulty fuel pump that was running HOT.

I truly believe Chad is gonna be on top this year so don't count him out...... Jeremiah Jones had a tough beginning last season too, but it turned around and he was on his way to 2 very possible Championships. Hopefully Chad (or any other rider for that matter) doesn't have a terrible accident like Jeremiah.

Ride on!

ABM-Cannibal
04-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Mine also came with a protective braided shielding hose.

LTR450_#67
04-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Off of Suzuki's site....

"This was the first race with newcomer Chad "Wide Open" Wienen aboard a QuadRacer® R450. He had been busy all week with his mechanic Ryan Cox getting his new bike set up and getting used to the idea of being a "factory rider."

In the first group of qualifying races on Saturday, the team did very well. Wienen was ready to prove his mettle with the other two members of the Triple Threat Suzuki squad. He'd only had a couple of days on the finished bike and his lap times had been smokin' hot. It was showtime. The format was to have two split field qualifying races on Saturday and then the same on Sunday morning. In the WPSA series, even the qualifying heats carry points that total in. Chad was paired with teammate Doug Gust, and Dustin Wimmer was running his heat solo. Although Doug had first gate pick, he still trailed Natalie for the holeshot and came in third behind Wienen. In the second heat, Wimmer made a bullet line to the first turn for the holeshot and walked away from the pack for an easy win.

Sunday's first qualifier pitted Gust against Natalie again, with "The Digger" getting the holeshot and never looking back. Doug had some really good lines through the whoops sections and that helped him increase his lead. The second qualifier had both Wimmer and Wienen going for the win. Wienen had tangled up with another rider at the start and took off close to the back of the pack. But the end of lap one Wienen was fourth, by the end of two laps Wienen was second. Passing riders does not seem to be much of problem for Wide Open Wienen. At the checkers, Chad held a couple of seconds lead and he, Dustin and Natalie all were tied for points.

Finally, the main event was ready to go and at gate drop it was Natalie, Wienen and Gust and so it stayed for seven laps. Chad Wienen was blazing fast and was closing in on Natalie when his bike stalled due to a suspected case of boiling gas. Although he was able to get going again after a moment or two, the race for the win was over for Wienen. Wimmer came up from behind and eventually passed Goodman for third.

"The QuadRacer was going really fast and I was really gaining on Natalie, "Wienen said after the race. "I'd gotten one of my best starts ever, too. Even though I didn't win, I think we went out and showcased what we can do. I'll be ready for Taylorville."

With Wienen out of the running it was up to Doug and Dustin to move into the lead. They really pushed the bikes but Natalie had about a ten second lead that they couldn't overcome and had to settle for second and third place.

The trio has a couple of weeks off to strategize for their next assault at Taylorsville, IL on May 12th."

There's some info for ya peeps that were wondering what went on. Again this info is off of the teamsuzuki website and there is a lil more to it but I wanted keep this on the subject of Wienen.

Go CHAD!!!!!!