PDA

View Full Version : radiator overflow resevoir.....do u need it?

Hondaboy007
04-29-2007, 09:53 PM
i am shaving weight on my bike and was thinkin if i really need my overflow tank. i have an 86 R and don't know what are the pro's and con's to taking it off....................thanks

Aceman
04-29-2007, 09:59 PM
I don't have one and I've never had a problem.

wishmasstir
04-30-2007, 10:08 AM
take it off if you want then put a foot long tube from the radiator and zip tie it to the frame rail so it'll drip on your pipe to let you know when its boiling over

C-LEIGH RACING
04-30-2007, 11:08 AM
If you ever deside to run the ATVA Extreme Dirt Track, that catch tank has to be in place or you cant race. Just a new rule they have come up with for safety reasons.
Neil

wishmasstir
04-30-2007, 01:20 PM
probably from the fluid getting dumped on the dirt tracks, its a pain to clean up im sure

250r4life
04-30-2007, 02:05 PM
im thinking getting burned by the boiled over coolant is probably the safety issue...

Scott-300ex
04-30-2007, 03:54 PM
You prolly don't need one, and Mine hasn't lost or gained any fluid in a long time.

And wut saftey reasons are you kidding me? Coolant pours everywhere, bad for the track, bad for planet earth, thats almost like pouring oil in your yard or in the lake next door, and if it shot out on someone, that wouldn't feel to good.

kiesta00
04-30-2007, 08:20 PM
If you are thinking of taking it off your bike please let me know I need one. shoot me a PM.

C-LEIGH RACING
05-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by my88r
for what safety reasons explain

I dont know the exact reason the rule is in place, only thing I can think of would be it could make a slick spot if it just dumpped right out.
We have to put up with wet slick tracks, dry slick & dusty tracks, so it dont look like it should be a problem.
I think sence the super moto type of racing has started to get bigger & having dirt & pavement as the race course, it would be important to catch anything that would spill onto the track.

Extreme Dirt Track, TT, Flat Track, Super Moto racing are all just about the same type of racing on smooth, hard packed tracks & that could be the reason the rule has come into play now more than before.

Only way to find out how serious it is would be to sign up to race & when you go through tech inspection, have no tank & see.
Neil

Scott-300ex
05-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING

Only way to find out how serious it is would be to sign up to race & when you go through tech inspection, have no tank & see.
Neil

Or ask at inspection.

And my88r, once you learn how to read wut I posted before might make sence. :devil:

Brett250R
05-02-2007, 09:58 PM
sense** :)

-Brett-