PDA

View Full Version : Water in engine.....HELP

dabrowat
04-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Even though its a 4 stroke Honda dirtbike, what should I do to get the water out of the engine? My brother was riding, he fell over in water on the air filter side. When I opened the side panel, water came gushing out. Checked in the carbourater, a drops of water is in it. The oil was white. The first thing ill do is change the oil a few times. What else should I do??

72 chevelle ss
04-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Take the spark plug out and kick it over a few times, make sure every last drop is out.

TheBlasterMan
04-30-2007, 06:26 AM
Assuming youve already drained the cyclender of water, Drain the oil, it will most likely be milky. Fill it back up, run it for 5 minutes, drain the oil and refill. Do this until the oil is no longer milky. I completly swamped my 450, i had it floating in a deep pool in a stream, it took me 7 oil changes until the oil was clean. Hopefully the water will not be in the needle barings, water likes to hide there.

Dont forget to clean the air filter, carb and so on, you dont want any debri getting into your cylender.

Another thing, never attempt to start it when you have watter in the combustion chamber. WATER DOSNT COMPRESS LIKE AIR! you may end up bending the rod and hydro locking it.

dabrowat
04-30-2007, 03:02 PM
how do i get the water out of the cylinder?

Old Head
04-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by 72 chevelle ss
Take the spark plug out and kick it over a few times, make sure every last drop is out.

/\ /\ /\
l l l :eek:

RiderTRX400ex
04-30-2007, 05:03 PM
i swamped my ex completely, took 5 oil changes, and some time but its all fine now, and yea make sure you get all the water out. and the 5 minute run time intervals between oil changes doesnt require genuine honda oil or whatever you run, get some cheaper stuff since its just commin right back out anyways:D