PDA

View Full Version : just got a 85 Honda 250 fourtrax

rebelbuggy
04-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Some of you Are probably thinking I am stealing 4 wheelers, well I am Not. See my father wanted one for his new property 5 acres and I found a great deal on one for him a 1988 Honda 300 utility.
got it then sold it to him well after kicking myself in the head for selling it to him i been trying to find anyone to trade me for my 300 ex well i finally did today this guy and his son took my 96 Honda 300ex for there 85 Honda250 fourtrax.

I know a 85 for a 96, but really my 96 needed at least front plastic if not rear also and some other things, this one just needs some paint and stuff. I want to keep this one and fix it up how I want it.

does anyone know the weight capacity for it? as in for riders plus cargo on the racks?

and also the towing capacity since it has a trailer ball on it?

the 300 had stickers on it but cant find none on this one.

I am thinking about taking both racks off and sanding them down and painting them and also doing some painting on the frame also. I would really like to strip it all way down and redo everything but not sure I want that much work. I have never messed with a Shaft driven 4 wheeler before.

what would you guys do to it?
maybe drain the rear end and put new oil in it ?
drain and new oil and filter on the oil for the engine?
what else could be drained and refilled?

does these Oil Temp lights really work for anything? this one the bulb is hanging down out of where it goes, do they tell you anything or is it kinda like older model cars and the check engine light comes on and stays on after 100,000 miles?

Thanks