PDA

View Full Version : cariernut fell off and bolt poped out

woodsrider4ever
04-28-2007, 07:19 PM
i was riding today and going down the trail and all of a sudden i herd a thump in the rear end so i stoped and took a look and i noticed that the top bolt on the carrier poped out and then bent it hit the four things that hold the sproket on i was wondering if anyone experienced this problem and if there is anything i should really check good to make sure its not broken i was gana rip it apart anyways thank...

KY_YFZ_04
04-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Sorry to hear about your luck but I just went through the same thing. right now your'll probably need the new sprocket holder, rear sprocket bolt nut and washer ($120+). If you haven't changed axle bearings I would suggest doing it now since your going to be having it all torn apart anyway.

kendog57
05-01-2007, 06:19 AM
I also had it happen. The bolt came loose and i heard the bolt hitting the sprocket holder and found the bolt to just be bent. I think in my mind i should have check it before i rode and it would of been find. I got away with just replacing the bolt and getting a new nut.

dopeyferree
05-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Mine did the same thing a couple months ago. Check your carrier and make sure there is no damage to it. I ended up having to replace my sprocket hub , bolt and nut, and carrier, . The bolt bent so badly that it got turned back into the carrier and eat up the side of it.

woodsrider4ever
05-02-2007, 06:34 PM
i took it apart and it was fine when i noticed it i was going in like 2nd gear and i stoped as soon as i noticed it im jus gana get a new bolt and leave it at that and jus keep an eyey on it

woodsrider4ever
05-05-2007, 12:49 PM
i got my bolt in and stuuf the other day put it all back together and it works great

jubileeatv
05-07-2007, 05:20 PM
medium locktite and torque them to spec, never a problem.

woodsrider4ever
05-07-2007, 07:11 PM
i did that this time one step ahead of you but thanks anyways

boyak686
05-09-2007, 11:31 PM
The bolt came loose and i heard the bolt hitting the sprocket holder and found the bolt to just be bent. I think in my mind i should have check it before i rode and it would of been find
mine was rubbing against my sprocket, i could hear the noise of metal on metal but i was to stoked to look for problems on a new machine :mad:

seems like some bad action goin on with these carriers,,
same thing happened in the winter a few weeks after i got mine, had to buy new bearings sprocket hub sprocket, it sucks when your out on trails and crap happens to you and the bike

parkers30
05-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Happened to me during a race, noticed the squeak but couldn't figure out what it could be. Hammered it coming onto the motorcross track and threw the chain when the carrier popped forward bending the push bolt and tearing up the swing arm.

$50 in welding and machine work on the swingarm +parts: ouch. Make sure they are tight, a 3/8" ratchet is not enough.

woodsrider4ever
05-10-2007, 06:14 PM
i think 85 ft lbs and blue lock tite will though lol