PDA

View Full Version : Stk bore more compression? EXHAUST tips needed!!

atvhonda-rider
04-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Ok i have two questions.... i would like to make my quad a beast but i dont have the $1500+ to make it a meanass 416 or more cuz truthfully i wouldnt want to do a bore w/o port and polish, valves rockers and cam... and its too expensive... SO what if i did a JE piston 11:1 or 12:1 and got a hotcam stg.1??? Any tips or suggestions on which to do would be great!! ALSO WHAT EXHAUST should i go with.... NO ONE i kno has an HMF but i've heard good things so i'd like to get a good pipe that's unknown to my area so is HMF the way to go for performance and a great loud sound? If not should i go CURTIS SPARKS??? Please let me know if u kno anything about any of these pipes or motor applications.. THANKS!!!

REDRIDDER
04-30-2007, 12:50 PM
don't go higher than 11:1 or you'll need to run race fuel to make it run efficiently .the hot cam stage 1 will be fine for the 11:1 piston,exhaust ive always preferred white-brothers but everyone else will say the hmf but to be honest i never heard or seen one on any ones quad arond here i would how ever like to compare the hmf to my e-series and see the differance myself,but i like my e-series never any problems I've had it for 4 years now as long as i owned my quad, if your looking for a cheap performance gain for only $20 buy the curtis sparks degree key you'll love the low end torque and the throttle responce,im not sure if you can use it with a higher compression though,i had one in mine before it was a 426 and absolutely loved it,its easy to do and its cheap.

atvhonda-rider
04-30-2007, 03:59 PM
yeah ive never seen or heard the HMF on a bike in person yet but ive heard good things so might as well give it a shot cause they have a 5year warranty... also what do u think about curtis sparks exhaust? and what exactly is that key? if i got the 11:1 i couldnt run the key?