PDA

View Full Version : Need Advise Please Help!!!

mudatv
04-27-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm thinking about doing some mild engine modifications on my 2004 Yamaha Wolverine 350. I'm looking at buying the Powroll 365cc bore kit which come with a 85mm piston that puts out 10.5:1 compression. This seems like a nice upgrade from the OEM 83mm at 9.2:1 compression. I'm also looking at putting a Hot Cam stage 1 in it while its all apart along with doing a mild port and polish job.
My question is after having these modifications professionally done (because they are all outside of my expertise) am I jepardizing the reliability of my machine? I dont race but ride hard on the trail and take good care of my equipment. I appreiciate everyones advice and
2 cents in advance.

Thanks

pats2007450er
04-28-2007, 10:09 PM
go for it,that sounds good.if your doing all that work add a pipe, air filter and jet it up.that will be very reliable and big power gain.good luck hope to here good news from you.

mudatv
04-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the reply. I definatly plan of having the carb jetted and hope to be able to do the jetting on a Dyno Machine instead of in the woods... I am also eventually planning on getting a pipe when the funds come available. Right now, I'm planning on having all of this work done sometime this winter when the riding gets too cold to cold to realy enjoy it, so when its all done I will report back with hopefully great news! I was just worried about compromising my bike's reliablility/interity. I don't know too much about engine work and am relying on my mechanic who is all for this project (just didn't want to be sold on something that wouldn't last or require constant tear down).

Thanks again

mudatv
10-05-2007, 02:29 AM
:cool:

I just wanted to post an update to my previous thread. I have completed all of my mods (Powroll 365cc bore kit, Hot cams stage 1 and White Brothers E2 exhaust) and am excited to report that I am extreamly happy with the performance. The Wolverine is more responsive than when it was new. I gained back the lost HP and then some due to the larger tire size. This was definitely worth it!!!

speedjunkie13
10-05-2007, 05:53 AM
Good to hear it worked out for you man, and you still have some good weather to enjoy it this season. :D