PDA

View Full Version : Any long term iRazr owners?

jrm03
04-27-2007, 08:00 PM
The most constant complaint I hear is how fast the iRazr wears, and then the traction is lost as well. Any truth to this. I am running HD's and my complaint is they just seem to have a bit too much grip. When you are on the throttle, the quad is launching straight with minimal sliding. Any opinions?

tfuchs
04-27-2007, 09:21 PM
I have been running the same I razr rears for about a year now, 8 races and several rides.
My buddy has a set of rears that are on their third machine. They have one full season, i ran them in 3 races and my firend has used them for another several races. I think they are well worth the money. I have some GNCC rears that I dont run cause they have too much traction sometimes.

jrm03
04-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Whats your opinion on the wear vs. traction issue? Is the traction still there even after the lugs lose their edge? Is sliding easily done with these tires while on the throttle?

04-28-2007, 10:13 AM
i have a little over 50 hours on my rear irazrs in the past year...unfortunately not as much as i would have liked...but the do wear really fast...forward grip does suffer a little from the edges wearing, but you will get that with any tire. of course that makes sliding a little easier, i think the complaint about the wear is not loss of traction is that you paid a lot of moeny for a tire and you then a short time later, you have to do it all over again because the tire is near it's wear point. i know i love the irazrs, but will never own another pair...i have shredders on the wife's(fromerly mine) 400ex with twice or 3x as many hours and miles on them that are not worn quite as much....

tfuchs
04-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by jrm03
Whats your opinion on the wear vs. traction issue?Not a problem for me.

Is the traction still there even after the lugs lose their edge?You bet, I was just ridin on some steep hills and the biting edge is gone.

Is sliding easily done with these tires while on the throttle? Yes, They handle awesome.

They are my choice for rears, I hate the fronts but love the rears!!

coryatver
04-28-2007, 12:49 PM
I think the I razrs are the best rear tire you can get. They do wear faster but it is worth it.

04TRX400EX
05-02-2007, 11:19 PM
I don't have any personal experience but a buddy of mine ran them on his Predator. He liked them at the beginning but they ended up wearing really fast and, like others have said, with wear they hooked up less and less. I was never a huge fan myself. Depending on what you're riding and where, you may try Razr rears and Razr2 fronts if you like Maxxis, otherwise try Kenda Klaws maybe?