PDA

View Full Version : WB Slip On Exhaust Questions...

RiPPiNiTuP7
10-13-2002, 07:31 AM
I just picked up a WB Slip On Exhaust, and before I install it I wanted to repack it, so where do I pick up new packing? How much am I looking to spend? Also, how many discs should I run for MX Riding? Thanks guys...

Sick0
10-13-2002, 07:51 AM
I know ronnies has the repacking kit, And I wouldn think anybody that really sells White pipes has kit also. As fars the discs, I have the best luck with 12. I've tryed taking the sparkarretator(spelling) or the last disc off and lost alot of bottom and didn't much topend.

10-13-2002, 12:31 PM
Rippin, i honestly think the pipe was repacked right before i bought it when i bought the bike. i used it maybe 15 hours at the dunes. I would check it before ya go spend more money. www.rockymountainatv.com FMF seels 4-stroke packing :)

RiPPiNiTuP7
10-13-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by EXracer8601
Rippin, i honestly think the pipe was repacked right before i bought it when i bought the bike. i used it maybe 15 hours at the dunes. I would check it before ya go spend more money. www.rockymountainatv.com FMF seels 4-stroke packing :)

Oh cool :D I guess I will just inspect it, and go from there :blah

Scott400EX
10-13-2002, 04:45 PM
Personally i think the packing robbs HP once the old packing is full of exh carbon it would make more air go out of the pipe instead of into the packing. I have 14 disks in mine right now. Maybe im wrong about the packing but it makes sence to me. It probably would get a little louder the older the packing material is.

eldoexrider01
10-13-2002, 07:42 PM
i thought the packing wears out. (slowly goes away) thats why pipes are always louder when they get older. i know mine is already gettin louder and i havnt had it long. (but i ride alot)