PDA

View Full Version : Will he get off the hook?

mitch91
04-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Well our dirtbikes got stolen last march, and they took finger prints, they called back around i forget the month, septembre or october, saying they matched the prints, it was one of the guys we suspected from the begining. He got arested a week later, and court was set for febuary 15, he put the date back to June 6th somehow. And now the cops came the other day and said we do not have to go to court because he was hired a lawyer and he is saying that the cops mixed up the prints. Will he get off.?

JAYKNIGHT
04-27-2007, 05:11 PM
prints dont lie

honda350r
04-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Ask OJ

stoled_400_:(
04-27-2007, 05:53 PM
well regardless of whether or not he gets off in a court of law, you at least know who he is, if you catch my drift.... a few years ago my EX got stolen, and I still don't know who it was, so consider yourself lucky in that respect. I sure know what I'd be planning if I found out who was responsible for my baby's disappearence...:grr: :mad:

Either way, good luck with however things go :cool:

mitch91
04-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Yea, this is going to be one long cold winter comeing up, and one ****ty summer.

bulkdriverlp
04-27-2007, 06:59 PM
not sure, but its a non-violent crime. if he doesnt have a record he will prolly get slap on the wrist. he might have to pay restitution and that follows ya wherever you go. if so, you will get your money eventually.

04-27-2007, 08:20 PM
wait did you get finger prints on the bike? Did you get the bike back??? How did you get the bike back?

pats2007450er
04-28-2007, 12:23 AM
i would kick that guy's a?? if hes guilty or not guilty.i hate thefts.they need to get a f.cking job and leave our chit alone.man i hope his a?? gets locked up.mabey it'll teach his a?? not to mess with your quad again.good luck man

quad2xtreme
04-28-2007, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by mitch91
Well our dirtbikes got stolen last march, and they took finger prints, they called back around i forget the month, septembre or october, saying they matched the prints, it was one of the guys we suspected from the begining. He got arested a week later, and court was set for febuary 15, he put the date back to June 6th somehow. And now the cops came the other day and said we do not have to go to court because he was hired a lawyer and he is saying that the cops mixed up the prints. Will he get off.?

Your probably screwed...cop knows the lawyer...he may walk whether you go to court or not. Sounds like the cop is going to say that he somehow didn't follow procedure when getting the prints...they obviously have the print pattern from the bike so all they have to do it get new prints from the thief. Pretty easy to match if he stole the bike.

If you ever get in trouble...make sure you know the cops name...keep searching through the lawyers till you find one that knows him well.

If you want to pursue this, find out who is handling the case from the DA's office and see what they think. At this point, the cop is nothing but a witness to this court case. The DA will ultimately decide whether to pursue or not.

/Jon

mitch91
04-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Well they smashed out one of our windowns in our shed, and the tool box is one of those that have on on top of the other , so he took his hands and pushed it down and left 10 nice prints. And then they used it for a step to put the dirtbikes out the window. It was a cr85 and a ttr125. They arested him and a week later the cr85 was found in a creek not far from his house. And then the ttr125 was found on a trail we ride all the time by a hunter.
His last name is very common around here for stealing ****. and the cops already knew that aswell. Hes getting what comes to him after all the law stuff is over with.