PDA

View Full Version : is it worth it?

hondaeatr
04-27-2007, 01:57 PM
a buddy of mine offered to sell me his mx setup 250R for $4,500. It has a lonestar frame, + a-arms, +3 axcalibur, hydraulic clutch, hypers, lonestar swinger, flexx bars, lonestar stem,ceet seat all powdercoat. a 316 motor with a cool head, lrd pipe and silencer. my delima is my banker said it's only worth 1500 max. what do some of you do to get financing on a bike that is probably worth more than he is asking.

pimpt250r
04-27-2007, 02:45 PM
the problem is that your banker is lookin at it like its an 86-89 250r

and its not ..its a custom framed aftermarket R
so you may need to go to your banker and explain that

i was gonna get theft ins on my quad and they told me its only worth 1000
unless i paid for an appraisle...
and really all you need is documentation --does your buddy have receipts of the build of his R
when i talked to the guy who does the appraisles he said receipts mean everything as far as a value
exspecially when your dealing with all aftermarket parts

RICKY BOBBY
04-27-2007, 02:47 PM
what does your banker know about quads, if the frame has no crack or bends and the motor has no weld repairs, then yes it is well worth it. 250r is the best performance quad out there, hands down.

Nac's22
04-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by RICKY BOBBY
what does your banker know about quads, if the frame has no crack or bends and the motor has no weld repairs, then yes it is well worth it. 250r is the best performance quad out there, hands down.

X2 ............. hell yea couldnt say it any better myself

hondaeatr
04-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Im sure he does have the receipts, he is the kind of guy who would save the price tag along with the receipts. Are there people who specialize in atv appraisals? This r is probably one of the top five best looking r's in kansas hands down. I do know I have gotten a loan for a classic mustang that was priced well over the "book value" but the banker was a ford nut. he hates quads though.

chris46250r
04-27-2007, 03:10 PM
That makes me appreciate my bank. Home town bank, known the main loan officer for 20 years. I go buy crap then call and tell him how much I need.

clutch22
04-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Where at in kansas are you from? and where is this 250r that you want?...(dont worry, i'm not gonna try to buy it, i have my own R)

hondaeatr
04-30-2007, 10:03 AM
i live in lyon county and the bike is in lyon also. i'm going to take receipts and plenty of pictures into the bank tomorrow and give it another try. if not my buddy said he would lend me the cash but I hate to get into friends for cash.

Scott-300ex
04-30-2007, 04:16 PM
F**k the banker, go buy that r man.

Oh and get some pics fool.

Aceman
04-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Find a new bank.

Bank's are in it to make money, if your banker is too stupid to realize he can make more money by giving you a $4k loan versus a $1.5k loan he deserves to lose your business. And how in the hell would he know how much it's worth? He's obviously not an R enthusiast.:rolleyes:

deathman53
04-30-2007, 10:28 PM
according to the bank my 88 trx250r, probably isn't worth more than $1500 also, I have almost that much just into the a-arms, forget the motor, suspension and the rest of stuff. My atc250r is worth about $500 to them, I have alot more than that into it(in just the motor), don't listen to them. They go by nada guide prices and they are determined by stock value and most 250r's are 20 years old, the new price was 3-4g's, devalue it based on age and you get that very low figure of what its worth to them.

86 Quad R
05-01-2007, 02:05 PM
just go to the bank and get a signature loan. they dont need to know what the money is for. as long as you have adiquate<sp caladeral<sp there really shouldnt be a problem. the only downfall is that the interest is gonna be higher.