PDA

View Full Version : hmf and hrc problems. PLEASE HELP

animal1
04-27-2007, 11:13 AM
put the hmf slip on today. i got the hrc kit on already. its an 06. using the hrc jets. but i also have a 165 main. havent tried it yet. with the choke on it starts but idles wayyy tooooo low compaired to what it should and then it eventually dies. just sounds like its idleing way to low and doesnt want to run. it is cold and rainy today i dont know if thats effecting it...any ideas? ive talked to people runnin the hrc kit n this exhaust saying they did not change the jetting...is it the jetting?

animal1
04-27-2007, 12:43 PM
please

zeus54
04-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Have you tried turning the idle screw up?
Are you running the HRC airbox lid?
Did you disconnect the airboot from the carb at any point?
Is everything tight on the carb/muffler?
Is there gas in the tank,what position is the petcock knob at?
Will it run other than at idle speed?

Try these and see where it gets you;)

zeus54
04-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Have you tried turning the idle screw up?
Are you running the HRC airbox lid?
Did you disconnect the airboot from the carb at any point?
Is everything tight on the carb/muffler?
Is there gas in the tank,what position is the petcock knob at?
Will it run other than at idle speed?

Try these and see where it gets you;)

pats2007450er
04-28-2007, 10:16 AM
i run hmf slip on and uni air filter.mine is 2007 with a 120 jet stock.i put 148 in and it runs fine.your valves might need adjusted.

animal1
04-28-2007, 05:49 PM
my valves were just done a month ago when i did the hrc its not that...yes i did take the filter off the boot when i cleaned everything...could that be the cause of something? it ran fine last weekend i washed it and then went to start it with the hmf and and no go. it should start weather the jetting is off or not. its got no air box on it...spark plug is wet but has spark...exhaust smells like gas

pats2007450er
04-28-2007, 10:56 PM
that mean it's flooded.getting to much gas.jet it down because they come jetted to high stock.put a 148-150 in it and it will probably run.if you smell gas it getting to much gas.it run good with the air box off.i would put the air box back on.let me know if you get it going good.good luck:ermm: