PDA

View Full Version : hiper rims

Nac's22
04-27-2007, 09:45 AM
intergrated hubs vs. the traditional separate hubs. what did you guys like better? what is better? pros and cons?

NeverLiftRacing
04-27-2007, 09:58 AM
the integrated hubs can be ruined a whole lot easier if you happen to have a wheel come loose. my cousin went through 2 pairs in one season. i like the traditional type much better. i am currently using 8x8 single side beadlocks by hiper and like them much better than the duals. also they are getting ready to come out with a wheel that has no aluminum center piece and the whole thing will be carbon fiber.

quad2xtreme
04-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Can't imagine the wheel coming loose as the same bolt and cotter pin that holds the regular factory hub onto the axle is the same as the one holding the integrated hub.

My two cents on why they went away from the integrated hub was due to production costs...much simpler to make the current design that fits both Honda and Yamaha hubs (it has both bolt patterns drilled into the hub)...and not having to deal with the spline issue.

I have both...here is the pros and cons...

Integrated hubs look better to me...but they are a pain if you switch wheels often. It is very difficult to get to the cotter pin. You really have to pre-bend the cotter key to get it in there and then you finish bending it to lock the nut. You pretty much need to cut it out. They hold more mud if you ride on a really muddy track or trails.

Newer Hiper wheel design makes it easier to switch between mx track and trails. The resell value is higher to since you have both Honda and Yamaha riders competing for them...higher demand drives up the price. Not as much splash back when powerwashing.

/Jon

spud400ex
04-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by NeverLiftRacing
the integrated hubs can be ruined a whole lot easier if you happen to have a wheel come loose. my cousin went through 2 pairs in one season. i like the traditional type much better. i am currently using 8x8 single side beadlocks by hiper and like them much better than the duals. also they are getting ready to come out with a wheel that has no aluminum center piece and the whole thing will be carbon fiber.

I have read on other message boards that the full carbon fiber wheel is ment for trail riding, not racing.

Nac's22
04-27-2007, 02:50 PM
thanks for the input guys........ anyone else? strength wise which one would be stronger?