PDA

View Full Version : Wide Iowa tracks

Chino886
04-27-2007, 06:50 AM
Hey all you IA racers,

I am going to attempt to make it to a IA race this year and I have a concern.

Are there any tracks that would be more friendly to a MXer going out and having fun? My bike is about 50" wide, what tracks would you guys recommend? I talked to Stumpleg the other night about this already.

Thanks in advance,
Cha cha cha chino

QUADROOKIE
04-27-2007, 07:45 AM
At 50 inches, every track will have a couple spots that would be real tight, but most of the time, there is an alternate way through those areas. There have been a few 50" quads race some races and all seemed to do ok. I would say Decatur City would be a great one as it has alot of open field sections, and seemed fairly wide throughout. Plus it will be the closest for you. I guarantee you will absolutely LOVE it and want to come back for more. Best series in the country for XC racing.:D

royh
04-27-2007, 07:54 AM
You'll probably be alright with your wide a arms, but I would suggestgetting some 4-1 offset wheels.

Chino886
04-27-2007, 08:20 AM
Well, I have the stock a-arms still but I don't have any shocks to run them with..........

I really want to run an IA race this year!

I think it will show me how bad of shape I am really in!

Colby@C&DRacing
04-27-2007, 08:27 AM
The only tracks I would suggest 50" at would be Ft Dodge or Waukon

Chino886
04-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
The only tracks I would suggest 50" at would be Ft Dodge or Waukon

Sweet!

You going to be at those so I can meet the infamous Colby?

Then you can meet this :chinese: fool who bothers you all the time! :p

QUADROOKIE
04-27-2007, 08:47 AM
I agree w/ Colby on Ft Dodge, never been to waukon, but I think other than a couple spots, Decatur would be ok. Just thought since it was so close to you it would be a good one to try. And yes, Colby will be at every race getting showed up by his wife LOL!

Chino886
04-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
I agree w/ Colby on Ft Dodge, never been to waukon, but I think other than a couple spots, Decatur would be ok. Just thought since it was so close to you it would be a good one to try. And yes, Colby will be at every race getting showed up by his wife LOL!

Well, I will be going to Waukon most likely due to motor rebuild and Memorial Day!

snowswife
04-28-2007, 09:12 PM
You'll fit but the course is going to get rutted at about 47 to 48" and you will be fighting the ruts all day!

Colby@C&DRacing
04-30-2007, 08:58 AM
QuadP the only one of us that gets showed up by my wife is you:D . I will make sure when she laps you at carlisle that she says hi for me.;)

QUADROOKIE
04-30-2007, 02:28 PM
QuadP the only one of us that gets showed up by my wife if you:D . I will make sure when she laps you at carlisle that she says hi for me.;)
Hey, you just worry about bringing me a killswitch and leave the big-boy racing stuff to me.:devil:

snowswife
05-01-2007, 10:10 AM
QuadP the only one of us that gets showed up by my wife is you:D . I will make sure when she laps you at carlisle that she says hi for me.;)

Aint that the truth:D

montycarlo
05-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
Hey, you just worry about bringing me a killswitch and leave the big-boy racing stuff to me.:devil:

QR you talk about big-boy racing but haven't been through Rock-On yet? Supergirl will have to school you on that! :p Don't forget we all race together that day too!

:D

IMSROLL450R
05-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
Well, I will be going to Waukon most likely due to motor rebuild and Memorial Day!

Hey man I was also looking at racing a couple Iowa races as well as some of the Missouri series races. If you are interested in making a few of them let me know your schedule and where you can and cant go. I am up for about any weekend as I wont ever have to work on the weekend. Maybe we can make some of the same ones and carpool on the way which would be very helpful since gas is getting so bad. I also noticed that you are doing some MX. I will be going long travel on mine in the near future so that I can get into some of that type of racing and also use my standard travel axis and arms for XC. As I said I have a very flexible schedule and would like to learn and improve on both types of racing. Let me know what you think. My name is Jerid. Thanks.