View Full Version : Dasa

carlygirl
04-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I posted awhile back about my DASA sticker on my pipe getting burnt. Dasa said it was probably just the type of sticker and not a big deal. Keep in mind I only had around 4-5 rides on the pipe.

I decided to just take the sticker off and all would be good. Well while trying to get the sticker off I scuffed the hell out of the pipe, it turns out the sticker was baked on. Not only that, the powder coating has about a 2 inch wide ring that is ruined. (same place that the sticker was baked). I took the silencer off and I was looking in it, the packing looks great except for the burnt area. There appears to be NO packing there.

Would this be considered a manufacturing defect or is this normal. If it is a defect how is Dasa’s customer service?

THX

04TRX400EX
04-27-2007, 12:04 AM
I would definitely talk to Dasa. My buddy runs their exhaust on his LTR and the same thing happened witht the sticker - changed colors. They apparently sent him a new set and it was all good. He said that they were good people. As for the scratches caused by taking the old sticker off, I think you'll be on your own for that. They should however send you new packing or possibly rebuild the exhaust for you because that was their design flaw which caused the exhaust to malfunction earlier than it should.

carlygirl
04-27-2007, 12:18 AM
The scratches and scuffs from taking the sticker off isn’t to big of a deal b/c I could just put a new sticker on to cover them it’s the powder coating that bothers me. Plus you can still see where the old sticker was cuz it’s baked on.

carlygirl
05-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Well I finally got around to calling Dasa. I was “told that it isn’t a manufacturing defect that I just didn’t change the packing when it should have been changed.” I told him that I only had 4-5 rides on this pipe he said that the packing should be changed every 8 hours, the sad part is I don’t think I have 8 hours on it.

So I guess that answers my how is Dasa’s customer service question.

For all the what pipe should I get threads I’ll be voting for Rossier.
I would give up .02 HP for some quality. Joe would stand by his product.

pats2007450er
05-09-2007, 01:31 AM
that's bullsh*t but that only make's them look bad.you dont have to repack it every 8 hours thats just some lanm excuse they told you.i was realy thinking about buying a dasa exhaust but now i see how they done you.screw that i'll buy roosier or keep my hmf slip-on.dasa:mad:

stumpleg
05-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Change the packing every 8 hours? Man, I must be well overdue, I have alot more on mine than that.

TRX450RACER174
05-09-2007, 04:04 PM
How often do you guys change your packing? come on now its only like 15 bucks for packing and a packed pipe runs better than one that has even half of the packing burnt out of it.

pats2007450er
05-09-2007, 04:32 PM
i change my packing every 6 month's.packing dont go bad that fast.you can change your's as often as you would like.thats my opinion.she said she dont think she has 8 hour's on it.if the ceramic has change color that mean's the packing was messed up factory.there was a hole in the packing.if there was no hole in the packing the ceramic would not get hot enough to turn the ceramic red.

How often do you guys change your packing? come on now its only like 15 bucks for packing and a packed pipe runs better than one that has even half of the packing burnt out of it. I guess i am just anal i change mine every 2 races.

TRX450RACER174
05-09-2007, 04:50 PM
I am not disagreeing with you on the pipe being defective when the pipe was built that sucks, all i am saying is that is something that is often over looked when doing maintenance. I race and change my packing often about every 3 hours thats 3 races for me, I would call them back and talk to someone else that gives a crap about the product they sell.

ratso
05-10-2007, 10:58 AM
I have 40 hrs, on my rossier and the sticker looks fine. Joe did say when the sticker changes or burns then you might want to repack. 8 hours is freeking nuts!! My 4.1 fmf has well over a hundred hrs and I will be repacking soon.

ratso
05-10-2007, 11:07 AM
If you are racing and need to meet the DB's then you might want to pack more often. I will be racing Sunday with a 96 db limit so the 4.1 will be tested and I will repack if needed for this race.

pats2007450er
05-10-2007, 11:16 AM
didnt mean to sound like that,no hard feelin's