PDA

View Full Version : twist throttle

bill
10-12-2002, 10:18 PM
help i am just starting out & want to upgrade at a slow pace, what is a good twist throttle for my 400

exriderdude
10-12-2002, 10:20 PM
check out motion pro www.motionpro.com

TC17
10-13-2002, 12:13 AM
twist throttles on quads isn't a good idea. if you ever do a wheelie and you trying to hold on to the bars, then you going to yank back the throttle and you'll flip it. you wrist gets really sore if your riding in the trails all day with it in low rmp. they're just not a good idea. i'd say the thumb throttle is fine.

TRAIL
10-13-2002, 06:58 AM
They CAN be dangerous. I have one forsale (PM me its a motion pro w/grips) .Yes you get arm pump fast if u ride really hard but for me i only had it on my 400 for about 4 hours of riding time and i got used to it. the only thing i couldnt do what backwards wheelies.

^_250EXers_^
10-13-2002, 07:39 AM
yes, but i find twist throttles great! i started out on a dirtbike, so i got used to the atv one extremely quickly! my motion pro twisty has cruise control! it's sweet. i'd say get a twist throttle, MUCH better!

10-13-2002, 08:19 AM
if you grew up on dirtbikes then i might recommend it. But i still dont like them. also how long have u been riding. Its not fun trying to learn how to ride a quad and get used to a twist throttle.

QuadJunkies
10-13-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by QuadMX18
if you grew up on dirtbikes then i might recommend it. But i still dont like them. also how long have u been riding. Its not fun trying to learn how to ride a quad and get used to a twist throttle. I agree with you ....I guess if you grew up with them, itd o, but they are still dangerous on a quad,I rode a Bombadier baja with a twist, and I can tell ya, those landings if you are jumping, can be bad, I found it hard to control when landing they are fun, be unpredictable

Drtridr18
10-14-2002, 07:14 PM
I think it's to each their own...i've gotten so used to my twist throttle, it's ubelievable that I don't even know it's there, and I could screw up just as easy with a thumb throttle, I have no prob rolling 3rd gear wheelies with the twist, for me it's just a balance issue, the twist action isn't even on my mind.