PDA

View Full Version : Air / Fuel revisited

riding4fun
04-26-2007, 06:18 PM
On my 2007 DRX2 50 it was running ok but sluggish off the line. I changed the jet to a 100 and it took off much better. He rode for about 20 minutes and it started dying. It seemed to die when almost stopped and giving full throttle.

We went home, I took the carb off and cleaned it. I checked the plug and it seemed too rich. So I replaced it with a new plug and ran it. After a few minutes it was bogging out again.

Now as long as I didn't give it throttle it would idle.

What should I look for, should I put the bigger jet back in. It definately wasn't burning lean.

Darrell

AFROracing
04-26-2007, 10:37 PM
it dies when off the gas?

ecmini1
04-27-2007, 06:07 AM
With the 21mm carb the 50s are doing this, combo off low compression with a big carb. A 2 stroke has now power on the low end so when running the bigger carb causes the 50 to bog down. We have changed the carb jetting to compensate it only helped a little. Untill the new high compression head comes out in about 1 month the problem will be there.

riding4fun
04-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by AFROracing
it dies when off the gas?

No, it will idle with no problem. I am going to put the other jet back in and see what happens.

I didn't actually look at the jet I put in so I need to make sure it is the one I wanted.

I'll play with it tonight.