PDA

View Full Version : What's a MOM to do !!!

burkebrothers
04-26-2007, 02:52 PM
OK got a really dumb question ....

What is a mother you has never missed any of her boys races to do when they are all the way down in Georgia and your at home because you started working a few monthes ago ..I am going out of my mind i have never missed a race in the past 5 years of them racing .... It is driving me CRAZY >>>>>>>>>>> knowing I'm not there...... I think I have called them like 4 times already just to see what the track is like if they ate you know the mom stuff ....

400exrider707
04-26-2007, 03:24 PM
How the heck do you not miss any races? Dang! Dont worry too much, you support your kids a LOT more than some other parents. Im sure they wont be upset about missing a few races. It has to happen sometime.

Pappy
04-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Georgia:confused:

I seen the truck & trailer at the Jiggly room just off I81:eek:

Bridget usualy calls non-stop and bugs me, then yells at me when we get home. I thought she was nuts but now I see it's a chick thing:devil: :blah:

(dont worry Jen, they will survive nd trust me, they will miss you as much as you miss them;) )

wilkin250r
04-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Ha. My mother was the exact opposite, with both wrestling in high school, and racing. She went to one of each, but it was agonizing. She couldn't watch, she was afraid I would get hurt. So she didn't. Out of sight, out of mind.

Scott-300ex
04-26-2007, 06:02 PM
No joke, cut yourself some slack if you go to all there races.

Last race I raced I just left, my parents showed up after the 1st lap of the XC (20 minute lap) my mom was a nervous wreck, good thing she wasn't there at the start on the 4th turn when I crashed real bad. LoL

I guess I'm wierd like that, I always tell my parents just to stay home and they don't have to come, to races, to concerts I play in and things I do.

But they'll be fine, have them make a vid so you can watch it.

burkebrothers
04-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Yeah I know that feeling too my boys use to wrestle too then they got into racing ... And trust me I never missed a match when they did that even if it meant running back and forth to 2 different schools to catch their matches ... As you can tell I was a stay at home mom ..I have even left a Baby shower to make it to a track before they raced ... Call Me Crazy but thats just ME and anyone you knows me knows that is just how I am

Pappy as far as the giggly room were do you think they got the dollars "LOL'' The boys are teens now you know " Can't hide everything from them just makes them want it more thats my feelings on that ... And as far as Marty he knows what he has at home if he wants to chance it LOL ...

ohh yeah one more question Georgia 1 hour behind us in PA ??

Pappy
04-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by burkebrothers

Pappy as far as the giggly room were do you think they got the dollars "LOL''

im from west viginia, the last time i went to the jiggly room my wife handed me $5 in quaters and said have fun:ermm:

bulkdriverlp
04-26-2007, 06:58 PM
go to the vu amateur nite:blah:

Trx250rider86
04-26-2007, 07:03 PM
For me its hard when my moms not there. She freaks out when shes not there, calling 10 times a hour to see if im ok, and when shes there she freaks out lol, cant really win. My first race was a few weekends ago, she has been fighting cancer for almost 10 years now, and was in the hospital at the time, she called every 30 mins, freaking out scared, she had to have my grandmother there to calm her down, i didnt know she was going to react like that, and i hate that she gets like that due to her health and all, but as soon as the race was over, we surprised her in the hospital. She cryed because she was so happy it was over, not because i came come with two trophies lol. but shes getting better.

it just must be a mom thing:blah:

sorry for the long story :D

Nac's22
04-26-2007, 07:24 PM
dont feel so bad i wish my mom was half supportive of me. first she didnt want me to race and then she was ok with it and then i finally got her to come to 1 and bam! hit a wall 3rd gear pinned. i crashed for the first time directly infront of my mom and now i cant even get her near a race track haha. dont feel so bad you have been there for everything else im sure they will let you slide just this once

burkebrothers
04-27-2007, 03:21 AM
go to the vu amateur nite

What is that ??? I'm not on the computer to much when they are home they take it over LOL...

Thanks
Jenn

mic 902
04-27-2007, 04:15 AM
I have a fairly supportive Mum (Australian Spelling :p ) Dad travels alot for work, Im to young to have a drivers liscence, so if i load up the truck She drives and I give directions. :) She hates watching the racing so usually talk one of her sisters into coming to watch with her, waves to me everytime i go past, pretty funny to see, Ive waved back once. :D :p

Mxjunkie
04-27-2007, 04:53 AM
That's great that you go to all their races! I have a hard time dragging my parent's out to a group ride let alone a race. :p

I'd just give them a call and wish them all luck and hope for the best :macho

400exrider707
04-27-2007, 06:48 AM
My parents might actually be bad luck... the last couple of times they came out I crashed.... those were the only times I've crashed too... hmmmm

burkebrothers
04-27-2007, 01:14 PM
It's the opposite here the only times i haven't gone was for practice and everytime I am not there something happens last time was plastic surgery to close up a whole in Ant's back ....

They are ok so far talked to them earlier before practice but now no-one is answering there phones ....:(

Scott-300ex
04-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by mic 902
I have a fairly supportive Mum (Australian Spelling :p ) Dad travels alot for work, Im to young to have a drivers liscence, so if i load up the truck She drives and I give directions. :) She hates watching the racing so usually talk one of her sisters into coming to watch with her, waves to me everytime i go past, pretty funny to see, Ive waved back once. :D :p

Woh man, I never new we had an Austrailian on here, cool.

And mom don't worry if they aren't pickin up the phone they're prolly racin. :D

mic 902
04-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
Woh man, I never new we had an Austrailian on here, cool.

Yeh man. There is 2 of us. The other guys username Grant Casey. :cool:

honda4life72
04-27-2007, 07:28 PM
my dad takes me to all the races and my mom comes to a few , she only watches me run then goes and sits back down at the trailer:(