PDA

View Full Version : Running Tubes in my Paddles

ZSK
04-26-2007, 02:02 PM
I have a small cut in one of my paddles and it seems to lose pressure overnight. I was wondering if their is any cons to running paddles with tubes inside. I've never ran tubes on the rear tires before, only the fronts.

Tires are ITP sandstars on stock Yamaha wheels.

dariusld
04-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Iv'e only had bad experience with tubes. Mine always spin and rip the valve stem off. They say you shouldn't put the nut on the valve stem, so when it does spin, it just goes inside the tire instead of ripping off.

ninja
04-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Maybe try some Green Slime stuff. Heres an article from a sportbike site that I enjoy.

http://www.bikeland.org/story.php?storyID=28125

They stabbed a tire with a knife and slimed it!!:macho

dariusld
04-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by ninja
Maybe try some Green Slime stuff. Heres an article from a sportbike site that I enjoy.

http://www.bikeland.org/story.php?storyID=28125

They stabbed a tire with a knife and slimed it!!:macho

I have never had luck with slime either.

ZSK
04-27-2007, 08:22 AM
I don't like using the slime. Seems that it doesn't always work and makes one hell of a mess in the tire.

fastfox
04-28-2007, 05:49 AM
put 4 screws threw the inside rim bead [ like a drag car]

danblaster
06-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by ZSK
I have a small cut in one of my paddles and it seems to lose pressure overnight. I was wondering if their is any cons to running paddles with tubes inside. I've never ran tubes on the rear tires before, only the fronts.

Tires are ITP sandstars on stock Yamaha wheels.
sandstars are so hard that tubes could only help

mattonln
07-06-2007, 01:08 PM
I've used the green goo before with sandstars on douglas blue labels and it worked great, just made it slimy inside, but no one sees right? I think you should scrap the sandstars for some haulers, it would be the best decision you would ever make, I speak from experience!