PDA

View Full Version : College Vehicle

ugottabayou
04-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Anybody on here have to sell your truck and get a more fuel efficient vehicle for college? What did you get?

chevy
04-26-2007, 03:07 PM
i had a GMC Sierra and i was gonna get a cobolt but it had barely any head room, i ended up gettin a toyota carolla lil more expensive but it has a lot of head room. the yota is very easy to drive and gets great mpg, i just hate going from sittin in the air with a vortec V8 under the hood, to sitting on the groung feeling like if u hit a leaf to hard u might total ur car.

400exrider707
04-26-2007, 03:19 PM
I stuck it out with the truck. I needed 4x4 for central NY anyways. Yes the mileage sucked, but it was probably cheaper than calling a tow truck to pull me out of a snowbank.

ny300exrider
04-26-2007, 03:43 PM
im sort of in that situation....going to commute to college next year. currently have a v6 rodeo 4x4 with 110k. i was planning on getting a truck with less miles because the isuzu is turning into a money pit, v8 4x4 but with gas prices on the rise to $4 a gallon, im thinking its not so smart. i really like the mk4 vw jettas but they have a bad rep on being unreliable. im not sure weather i should keep my rodeo, or sell it and get a car.

eventually i think i will be on a nice bike but thats in a good 2-3 years so im not sure what i want.

Scro
04-26-2007, 07:01 PM
I recently got a job an hour away, and I'm going to commute. I'm looking at a nissan truck with a 4 cylinder. Should get alot better gas mileage than my V8 Ford.:ermm:

Hondadudeehhhh
04-26-2007, 07:09 PM
its cheaper to take the train to get to and from school where im going. I dont think i could give up my truck. Id rather save a few hundred for a GEO then get rid of my ford. Its just going to kill me paying for insurance while im not dirving it.