PDA

View Full Version : Bent g-force axle sent back to RMATV

banshee84
04-26-2007, 12:42 PM
I bent my g-force axle in a collision and I sent it back to rockymountainatv. They said they will straighten it if possible, if not they would send me a new one. Well I asked how they straighten it and they said they put it in a machine and use NO heat. The guy said it would be as strong as it was brand new. Is this possible with out using heat an tempering it?

mad440
04-26-2007, 01:07 PM
yes they can. without any heat, they are able to keep the original temper. the down side to this is they need a tremendous amount of force to restraighten it. and actually depending on the metal, restraightening it cold the axle will infact become stronger because the bending with the orignal temper will further isolate any dislocations in the metal.

400eXr1d3rZ
04-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by mad440
yes they can. without any heat, they are able to keep the original temper. the down side to this is they need a tremendous amount of force to restraighten it. and actually depending on the metal, restraightening it cold the axle will infact become stronger because the bending with the orignal temper will further isolate any dislocations in the metal.

Do you mind posting a picture of your quad? From all sides? I want to see how the bend of your bars look.

pats2007450er
04-27-2007, 12:00 PM
not from what i seen at my buds house.he had a g-force axle straighten.last week we was at his house racing around the track.he hit his big double and when he landed it bent in the same place it was bent before but it bent so bad that we had to pick the back up and push it 200yds to his house.when we tried to push it the tire would hit the heelguard and rubbing the rear fenders.but i think he paid around 190.00 for it.he switched to a dominater II but you can't beat the price of the g-force.:ermm:

mad440
04-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
Do you mind posting a picture of your quad? From all sides? I want to see how the bend of your bars look.

I can if you are able to wait a week. next week is finals week for me. so i wont be home until next friday to get them taken and up for ya.

d3ktrix
04-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by pats2007450er
not from what i seen at my buds house.he had a g-force axle straighten.last week we was at his house racing around the track.he hit his big double and when he landed it bent in the same place it was bent before but it bent so bad that we had to pick the back up and push it 200yds to his house.when we tried to push it the tire would hit the heelguard and rubbing the rear fenders.but i think he paid around 190.00 for it.he switched to a dominater II but you can't beat the price of the g-force.:ermm:

I bent my gforce twice in 2 days, bent on both ends now. lol
I'm also switching to a Dominator II, I'll get the gforce fixed and either sell it or keep it as a spare.

pats2007450er
04-30-2007, 02:15 PM
good luck bending the dominater II because he hasen't bent it yeat.it's a bad a** axle.

d3ktrix
04-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by pats2007450er
good luck bending the dominater II because he hasen't bent it yeat.it's a bad a** axle.

Good to hear.