PDA

View Full Version : AMA PRO QUAD SUPERMOTO Series

ACEwrench
04-26-2007, 08:55 AM
This is a huge step towards the acceptance of ATVs in the mainstream of Pro Racing. the first round of the 2007 season is in St. Louis May 18th, 19th and 20th (Amateur ATV racing as well!!!) http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/amasupermoto200701atvpreview.html

if you have a chance to visit...or participate in this event please do so and show we deserve the same spotlight as motorcycles!!!

zuki#444
04-26-2007, 05:54 PM
I will be there do we race saturday or sunday. Ill be coming from michigan

ACEwrench
04-27-2007, 07:08 PM
they listed Ameteur racing as Sunday, so id assume Pro Quads would race Sat. and Am racers Sunday...again this is me thinking logically. I have not seen a official schedule and i HOPE they'll post one soon....

nicker71
04-28-2007, 04:08 PM
I looking into trying this out for the first time in st.louis when it comes to town. My quad is set up for XC, I really dont know much about the sport except that its a cross between flat track and motocross, right?? Have you any ideas to what I need to do to get mine yfz ready. I have a set of 18in kenda klaws for the back and a 2/3 offset front rim to help widen it out. I dont know what types of amatur level rider there will be, but I'll bet most of them are more Motocross style riders. And is there anything else I have to have done before I can race?? I heard somewhere about running water instead of antifreeze??
thanks
here is a pic of my xc yfz.

ACEwrench
04-30-2007, 02:09 PM
here is a link to get some info on tech rulz for supermoto..
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=32811

basically set your bike up as wide and low as you can but still take into consideration how big the jumps are...there is no standard when it comes to tracks each one is different..and since this a AMA pro event the jumps in the dirt section will be bigger and more technical. you usually wont see huge triples or anything like that but expect small to med. doubles and possibly metal jump of some type, usually a table top.
hope this helps...

ACEwrench
04-30-2007, 02:12 PM
bring extra sprockets if possible to adjust gearing...i ran a event in Nashville last year and we running in the 90s.

zuki#444
05-03-2007, 02:53 PM
they are letting us race in michiagn to im on e happy camper:D

MO-EX-RIDER
05-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by ACEwrench

if you have a chance to visit...or participate in this event please do so and show we deserve the same spotlight as motorcycles!!!

what should a newbie expect on the race?? i seen amatuer day on sunday but are amatuers' "pro-am" or just average dirt riders giving the supermoto thing a shot?? also the classes look large in all the pics i have found(20-30 riders) is the amatuer turnout that good as well?
chime in if you have ANY experience in this area!!!

moto50
05-21-2007, 12:02 PM
any results for the pro quad classes?