PDA

View Full Version : quick ground question

jimmy7120
04-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Where does the motor ground to the frame? If I ground the startor to the battery my quad starts right up.

I have fresh pc done to the frame, and have cleaned around the motor mounts on the front bottom but that did nothing. Is there a specific bolt that grounds the motor?

Thanks,

Jimmy

JOEX
04-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by jimmy7120
Where does the motor ground to the frame? If I ground the startor to the battery my quad starts right up.

I have fresh pc done to the frame, and have cleaned around the motor mounts on the front bottom but that did nothing. Is there a specific bolt that grounds the motor?

Thanks,

Jimmy
There might not a good enough metal to metal contact from the subframe to the frame due to the PC.

firefighterjosh
04-26-2007, 12:55 AM
James,

You had the PC done at the first race you raced with me correct?

It seemed to run fine then. Did you ever try jumping you sylinoid? That could be the culpret

jimmy7120
04-26-2007, 07:21 AM
yeah the pc was done before that race and I raced one other one fine, but now I have to run a wire off of the startor bolt (where it mounts) to the negative terminal on the battery for it to get a neutral light or anything.

I have the wire ran well, so I can race in TN but I am trying to figure out where the ground could be bad. I guess I will check the two other motor mount bolts (across the top and the one through the swingarm, and then the subframe.

I think either dirt or corrosion is effecting the ground, and just needs cleaned off.

Thanks for the replys

Jimmy

jimmy7120
04-26-2007, 07:22 AM
The seleniod is good, we have been able to have it fire without needing to jump it. Good idea though Josh.