PDA

View Full Version : i idea for a tor hauler

woodsracer144
04-25-2007, 08:26 PM
ok my friend got this old motor home and the guy he got it from got it at a thrift sale, and the living part was torn off... so its just the cab and a open back... i can get it from him for 500bucks... i dont thinks its that bad, 51,000 miles on it and its a 87? ford cant rember what it had for a motor.. but any way... i have my name on onve i sell my wheeler and sruff in the summer im gonna have it... its sold to me kinda but i have to pay for it still... and i was thinkin about pickin up a inclosed trailer type boxfor it and butin it on it and theres a bic cut out where the cabe is in the back. i was thinkin about putin a dor in there and sealin it up good. It would be a good hauler i think... you could have a ramp that you slide in under the box in the rear. and you could get your tool box and all that in there... anoy one know how much this would cost me or have one of these boxes forsale? near WI too... thanks!
peyton how well do you think this would work?

aci clay
04-25-2007, 08:54 PM
First thing; go back to school and this time really pay attention in english. Your spelling sucks!

04-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
ok my friend got this old motor home and the guy he got it from got it at a thrift sale, and the living part was torn off... so its just the cab and a open back... i can get it from him for 500bucks... i dont thinks its that bad, 51,000 miles on it and its a 87? ford cant rember what it had for a motor.. but any way... i have my name on onve i sell my wheeler and sruff in the summer im gonna have it... its sold to me kinda but i have to pay for it still... and i was thinkin about pickin up a inclosed trailer type boxfor it and butin it on it and theres a bic cut out where the cabe is in the back. i was thinkin about putin a dor in there and sealin it up good. It would be a good hauler i think... you could have a ramp that you slide in under the box in the rear. and you could get your tool box and all that in there... anoy one know how much this would cost me or have one of these boxes forsale? near WI too... thanks!
peyton how well do you think this would work?

I'd make the door like a castle door. So it falls out and makes itself a ramp whenever you want to something into it. Then put some hasps. They're not very much, so I'd buy a couple for each side and then padlock them to keep it shut.

GPracer2500
04-25-2007, 09:28 PM
You're probably a long lost relative of the guy who built this baby:

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/6712/pb170002resizeon1.jpg

firefighterjosh
04-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500

LMAO!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I would just cut the boack off and install a folding door and leave the rest for living.

Or just buy a inclosed trailer to pull with the RV:macho

ZSK
04-26-2007, 08:19 AM
What's wrong with that setup? It looks like it works well. Fully insulated with heat or air, fridge, stove, comfy beds. You can even pull the truck camper off and pull a few more rigs.

250r4life
04-26-2007, 10:34 AM
GP- that is too funny... thats in the washes at glamis?

man- there is certainly some characters down there...

GPracer2500
04-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah, wash 5.

400exrider707
04-26-2007, 11:08 AM
He even painted the trailer to match the jeep... or maybe... he painted the jeep to match the trailer

my88r
04-26-2007, 01:08 PM

very very creative must be another fred sanford

54warrior
04-26-2007, 01:48 PM

Boy you guys sure are quick to judge. You know that might be all the dude can afford. It probably works excellent for what he uses it for. Sure it looks pretty tacky, but it serves the purpose doesn't it?? There certainly isn't something like that available for him to purchase, aside from a quarter million dollar travel trailer like the Nascar teams use.

Back to the original post- I think there are more mis-spelled words than correctly spelled words.

But if it's just the cab, I know a guy that picked up a used U-Haul trailer that he was able to salvage the box from. He put that on a 1 Ton Chevy Truck frame with great success. Use your imagination and make sure you mount it on there strong enough. You don't want your toys rolling down the road.

my88r
04-26-2007, 02:46 PM
man its just a jk

GPracer2500
04-26-2007, 03:23 PM
I posted the pic because, yes--its "tackyness" makes it humorous. But don't read anymore into it than that. I don't diss the guy for doing whatever he needs to do to get shelter AND his vehicle(s) to the dunes. Tents don't cut it when the wind starts blowing. Been there, done that.

Personally, I'd be I'd feel awfully self-concious about rolling in that rig. But I'm sure he doesn't care what I think and nor should he.

woodsracer144
04-26-2007, 08:24 PM
ok.. for the 50th time i suck at typeing and i have a thing on my computer that i use but it doesnt help me out... and im stuck down to a damb hour because i can spend hours on end on a computer lookin at toys and toy haulers and stuff...
do you think its a good plan... i think that it would make a great hauler..
i know what you ment on that pic.. i thought it was funny... i would use it... you would turn some heads and people would get a kick out of you...

ZSK
04-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Take a look at this: http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480067