PDA

View Full Version : Mountain bike frame

smartypants
04-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Hello pappeeeez.....:D

Stripped down aluminum mountain bike frame with no paint, clearcoat etc, etc, etc. I"m thinking gloss black with silver flake.

Pappy
04-25-2007, 06:09 PM
BK Performance
84 Chase Lane
Hedgesville WV

Just send $22 for return shipping

Also, I would like to know what type (manufacture) so I can check to see what type of aluminum it's made of BEFORE you send it. a few of the higher end mountain bikes use a welding and material that will not tolerate cure temperatures so I need to check on that prior to accepting the work.(I would hate to see my nice gloss black finish thrown in the trash after the frame cracks in half, and I would hate worse to have to send flowers to the spot where you were violently ejected and sent over a cliff!);) :p

smartypants
04-26-2007, 05:21 AM
I haven't bought it yet but it is a KHS frame their website is http://www.khsbicycles.com/03_xc_604_07.htm and that is the exact frame I'll be getting and you'll only have to do the front portion that is grey in color.. I'm hoping I can buy it bare if not I'll have to get you to sand blast the sucka.

Pappy
04-26-2007, 07:40 PM
10-4..i dont see any issues so keep me posted

jesshamner
04-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread but nice bike! Post pics when you get it finished.

smartypants
04-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Frame has been ordered....:D I'll probably ride it until winter then do a tear down and send it your way pappy.