PDA

View Full Version : Come read this!!!!

suck my pipe
10-12-2002, 07:44 PM
Will it burn out my seals if i run with out my bafull, i think thats how you spell it lol. But any way people told me it would and people tell me it wont i gots a 400EX and i took it out and got a power gain then they told me that and i put it back i'm gittin a pipe for x-mas so it would be for only a few months but keep in mind i ride hard and im in the uper and lower power ranges so it will be ran slow and it will be pounded wide open!

RED121572
10-13-2002, 07:37 AM
Ive got buddies who took there baffles out. Didnt work.

Go to www.whitebros.com.
Then click on the tech. info.
In there, youll find the instructions for there E Series exhaust.
Read it, it tells you how every exhaust is tuned for a specific application. After reading it, youll change your mind and wont remove your baffle.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Leo
10-13-2002, 07:48 AM
it's a spark arrestor to.. run without it and you have the risk of starting a fire somewhere, not good..

Leo

400exdad
10-13-2002, 07:56 AM
Removing the baffle or spark arrestor won't hurt the motor in any way as long as it is jetted accordingly. (It probably won't actually effect jetting that much.) But it will hurt your image with your friends.... the stock pipe sounds so cheezy without the arrestor. :D :D Just kidding about the image thing, however, you will be much happier with an aftermarket pipe... sound and performance.

Sick0
10-13-2002, 08:05 AM
Its does does sound awful with the stock pipe. and You won't feel any noticable power gains.

suck my pipe
10-13-2002, 01:11 PM
Thanks guys, Um yeah your right it sounds realy dumb unless you stay on the gass when you let off it sounds like it's sucking air back in!!! I had it out for like two day's before and i noticed like in the bottom of 2nd comming out of sharp turns it pulled much harder than with it in.....Can't wait to get aftermarket but i gotta buy new back tire's first, can't use a fancy pipe sitin on rims LOL.:devil