PDA

View Full Version : Just when I thought all was well...

Flyin-Low
04-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Ahh, as soon as I thought I had kicked this whole "450er starter problem" deal in the nads and sent it home crying... It came up from behind and got me good. :(

My battery is now shot, starts the quad maybe once and then is dead if it doesn't fire the first time... I'm getting a great 15 amp charge from the quad but the battery is kapoot.. And the starter is also DRAGGING horribly, so I figure I get to fix that now as well.

Thankfully my warranty didn't expire last December.. :rolleyes:

So now I'm looking at spending like 100 cdn $$ on a new battery and who nows how much on a rebuilt starter. Luckily my friends dad owns the biggest Starter/Alternator shop in town and I may be able to get it done just for the $$ of parts.

I wish SOO badly I had gotten a kicker, even from day one that battery needed to be jumped/charged everytime it had some trouble starting.

-Martin

Jem450ER
04-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Man that sucks, i hope i don't run into the same problems. I've got an 07 and she seems to do really well

Flyin-Low
04-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Jem450ER
Man that sucks, i hope i don't run into the same problems. I've got an 07 and she seems to do really well

Yeah, I know the feeling... mine "did well" forever then all of a sudden...

-Martin

IMSROLL450R
04-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
Yeah, I know the feeling... mine "did well" forever then all of a sudden...

-Martin

haha if I had only counted the times people have said the same thing...........Ive even said it. That is one thing that I am disgusted with honda about.

Unverfehrt400ex
04-25-2007, 10:12 PM
im wanting to buy myself a new 450er. has this been a common problem so far??

IMSROLL450R
04-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Unverfehrt400ex
im wanting to buy myself a new 450er. has this been a common problem so far??

pretty much every electric start has has problems at some point. I would get a kicker.

Batavia's450r
04-26-2007, 06:02 PM
kick it!!!

mhawk
04-26-2007, 10:52 PM
i know this has been asked before but...here goes what are the specific part numbers for replacement,?? i plan on doing the work myself had mine about year or so ,its just started to act up...any info would be great thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chinese:

pats2007450er
04-26-2007, 11:42 PM
they need to recall the 450er this is bullsh:t.this makes honda look so bad.we need to find a way to complaint to honda or dealers.we can talk about this all day long and nothing will happen.the japanese need to pay more attention to what they are selling.they like our money but dont want to spend there money fixing there mistake.that's my openion:ermm: