PDA

View Full Version : Mapping

CHAUNCY
10-12-2002, 07:27 PM
What is all this talk about mapping on the c-dales ?
What is mapping ?
Can someone fill me in ?
Thanks

tants
10-12-2002, 07:50 PM
somthing that deals with the fuel injection...

crazy canadian
10-12-2002, 07:53 PM
"mapping" is delivering fuel at different times, therefore changing the power band. it's a lot like re-jetting your quad when you add mods to the motor. it's the coolest thing in the world, if you ask me!!!!! i mean, pluging your quad into a computer instead of taking the carb off!! that's great!!

tants
10-12-2002, 07:57 PM
crazy canadians........... :D

crazy canadian
10-12-2002, 08:00 PM
that's right!! the crazy canadians are the ones that have the most fun!!!! on the track and off!! you americans do not know the meaning of fun until...... well you know........ have a CANADIAN woman!!!!!! LOL Hi tants!!!

tants
10-12-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by crazy canadian
that's right!! the crazy canadians are the ones that have the most fun!!!! on the track and off!! you americans do not know the meaning of fun until...... well you know........ have a CANADIAN woman!!!!!! LOL Hi tants!!!

i get my licence in februarey! were going to #12nacsracer, and rippingrider98's house for a spring ride (in upstate new york)
woowhoooo
u bring the canadian beer! kennys got the meat,
and ill bring the first aid kit! :D

Guy400
10-12-2002, 08:30 PM
Mapping is just that, it's a map. It's a set of instructions the ECU uses to run the quad. It's way more complicated than I can fully explain to you but some of the variables are idle speed, injector offset, pulse widths, timing, etc. Basically, everything that your EX does manually in order to get it to run the Cannondale's use a computer to do. The map is the set of instructions to get these jobs done.

10-12-2002, 08:35 PM
hey nasty, as soon as my quad is done and we clean the track up after the spring drainage u guys can come up and ride ...as long as u dont sue if u kill ur self

crazy canadian
10-12-2002, 09:21 PM
hey nasty 250r, you can count on me and mysticfalcon being there. I'll bring lots of canadian beer and leave the green haired canadian behind!!! he sold the warrior for a kx 125!! going from one pos to another!! anyways, let us know, i'll be therte with the BEER!!!

mysticfalcon
10-12-2002, 10:05 PM
when did he finaly get rid of the warior i thought the guy didnt want to trade

exriderdude
10-12-2002, 10:12 PM
my friend has a cannibal and he got the mapping stuff done to his, he has buttons on his handlebars, one for cannibal mapping, one for speed mapping, one for blaze mapping, and one for moto mapping, then he has like 4 more on there that i have no idea what they are, it looks really cool though, cuz theres lights on them and stuff. It costs him like $1500, but now he has a cannibal,speed,blaze, and moto.:devil

10-12-2002, 10:23 PM
nice

Guy400
10-13-2002, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by exriderdude
my friend has a cannibal and he got the mapping stuff done to his, he has buttons on his handlebars, one for cannibal mapping, one for speed mapping, one for blaze mapping, and one for moto mapping, then he has like 4 more on there that i have no idea what they are, it looks really cool though, cuz theres lights on them and stuff. It costs him like $1500, but now he has a cannibal,speed,blaze, and moto.:devil GP controls map selector only allows you to have 3 maps at one time. Your friend may be embellishing the story a bit.

cdalejef
10-13-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by crazy canadian
that's right!! the crazy canadians are the ones that have the most fun!!!! on the track and off!! you americans do not know the meaning of fun until...... well you know........ have a CANADIAN woman!!!!!! LOL Hi tants!!! You mean like the canadian woman on The Sunday Night Sex Show?:huh

cdalejef
10-13-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by GuyLT250R
GP controls map selector only allows you to have 3 maps at one time. Your friend may be embellishing the story a bit. Yep, pulling your chain! The only difference between the Cannibal and Speed is the Speed revs 1000rpm higher.