PDA

View Full Version : Mastrocola: Riding at Breezewood PG

450Racer
04-25-2007, 01:02 PM
hey guys. since my last post a week or so ago i'm feeling 100% better. i'm getting a little more feeling back in my legs, mostly my kness which is awesome. i've been smacking all kinds of things over my knees just to feel them haha. well, it's been 10 months since my accident. i haven't even sat on a quad. i think about riding every day. my parents finally agreed that it would be ok for me to take a few laps (safely) at BPG. as long as the weather holds out i'll be goin this weekend the 28/29th or possibly next weekend May 6th. after going to PVR to watch the races over the weekend it had me really pumped to ride again. i know i'm not going to be the old rider trying new jumps or sliding into a corner on the gas but hey this is just as exciting for me. i don't mean to be picky but i'm going to try and find an LTR to ride because that's the bike i'm most comfortable on. so, i'm going to give Dan a call at BPG today and see whats up. hopefully the weather is nice, if not that's fine a week is nothing compared to 10 months. well hopefully a few of you will make it out :)

JRP
04-25-2007, 01:06 PM
thats awsome to hear anthony! go the weekend of the 5th n 6th! ill be there and i know you wanta LTR but you can ride my 450r if ya wanna, lol. hope to see you there man, later

MX MaNiAc 06
04-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by JRP
thats awsome to hear anthony! go the weekend of the 5th n 6th! ill be there and i know you wanta LTR but you can ride my 450r if ya wanna, lol. hope to see you there man, later

Same here man, ur more than welcome to my 450r the 5th if u would like.

Its great to hear that ur doing better!

quad2xtreme
04-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Anthony,

The 5th would be great since it is an ATVrider weekend. You could meet up with a lot of people from the site.

I am sure you won't have a problem finding a ride on an LTR...but my 450r is available too.

/Jon

Pappy
04-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Anthony, say the word and my brute force is yours for the weekend. I know it isnt a sport quad but you can ride it around all you like.

KH426
04-25-2007, 06:48 PM
You got my YFZ and I will steal my buddy's LTR just give the word.

coolguy8769
04-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Great news!! I havnt talked to you in a while, I think im gonna skip my race and go. I havnt been up to BPG since I broke my back. I really wanna meet you since our injuries were so close but so different at the same time...

Ralph
04-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Hey man, it was cool meeting you at pleasure valley last weekend. I had no idea you were from altoona, i go to penn state altoona.

Depending on what my finals are like i might stop by and hang out for a little.

Tommy 17
04-25-2007, 10:17 PM
come on ralph get with the altoona news! haha

he lives a hop skip and a jump away from the campus!

Les Davis
04-26-2007, 03:59 PM
That's awesome your going to get back in the saddle Anthony. More inportantly is the fact your are getting feeling back in your legs and have the opportunity to even get on a bike and ride. I've followed your story through the site and my hats off to you for what you have endured over the last year. I saw you ride at Breezewood a few weeks before your accident and you were tearing it up. Can't wait to see you back out there again. I think what you've been through proves allot of determination and should be an inspiration to many in the ATV community as well as the general public.

450Racer
04-26-2007, 09:27 PM
hey. posting back, i'm going up this sunday. i gave Dan a call and he was cool with it and the weather looks beautiful. i'll try to make it up next sunday the 6th as well. whoever is going this sunday let me know just for a heads so i know whoa ll will be there. thanks for all of the offers! i really appreciate it. with it, i'd be watching, which is cool but i'm stoked to ride! i wish i still had my quad but i guess i wouldn't be able to ride it as often. pappy thanks for the support and the pic, i might take up your offer ;). as for everyone else, whoever is up there this sunday and wouldn't mind letting me borrow there quad, would be greatly appreciated! just let me know. thanks everyone as always for your support and kind gestures :) hope to see some of you at BPG between this and next weekend!

Pappy
04-26-2007, 09:42 PM
no problem anthony....how did jesse end up doing?

450Racer
04-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
no problem anthony....how did jesse end up doing?

pretty damn good for his condition. he was really tired and weak. but he went 5/8 with an 8th overall of 22 riders in the class. he'll be a front runner when he gets his strength back.

reconmaster
04-27-2007, 06:08 PM
great to hear anthony i am getting a yfz tomorrow and should have it ready for mid may if you need any info on what to do for adapting one let me know because i want to see as many disabled riders as possible
are you guys talkin about jeese who rides a yz250f?

not to take any spotlight but for those who are wondering how i have been doin i am doin awesome i am getting my truck adapted and i am hitting the gym and tryin to scope out the guns haha when i do my 40 wheelchair lifts and 20 chin ups i do get a tingling in my legs i will be goin to community college in the fall to become a disability counselor

450Racer
04-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by reconmaster
great to hear anthony i am getting a yfz tomorrow and should have it ready for mid may if you need any info on what to do for adapting one let me know because i want to see as many disabled riders as possible
are you guys talkin about jeese who rides a yz250f?

not to take any spotlight but for those who are wondering how i have been doin i am doin awesome i am getting my truck adapted and i am hitting the gym and tryin to scope out the guns haha when i do my 40 wheelchair lifts and 20 chin ups i do get a tingling in my legs i will be goin to community college in the fall to become a disability counselor

hell yeah man awesome. i'm going to be a disability counselor as well so that's cool. nah, it's a different jesse we're talking about. well tomorrow is the day for me :) glad to hear you're doin well