PDA

View Full Version : I hate Trailer graphics

Rootar
04-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Well i hate putting them on i finally got a couple on mine and i still have a few more and then the other side to match

but i think these turned out ok since it took me 2 hours to put these on

Rootar
04-25-2007, 12:15 PM
anyone got any tricks to puting these big vinal graphics on? im dredding doing the rest and the whole other side today

whiteboycustom
04-25-2007, 12:45 PM
UMMMM pay someone haha, soapy water will help if u have to adjust it or getting the air bubbles out once it dries it will stick

HB416EX
04-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Don't put them on:confused:

Rootar
04-25-2007, 01:51 PM
it says i cant use soapy water that how i do 4 wheeler graphics and number plates and they are a snap but these say you cant :confused: mostly its the dang rivets on the side of the trailer thats being a pain other wise id be pretty simple but gosh having to cut out for each rivet as i get to it while holding the 3 foot graphic in the other hand trying not to let it touch the trailer and with out getting bubbles, lol thats what im talking about.....

HB416EX, i want them on there i just dont like putting them on

yamaha250f
04-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Step 1. Spray the side of the trailer with a light mist of soap and water the smnallest amount of soap you could use.
Step 2. Lay the sticker on where you want it.
Step 3. Use a credit card etc... to get the water out from under the sticker.
Step 4. Where the rivet of bubbles are take a small pin and pop a hole in the sticker then slide the credit card over and around the rivet and use your finger to press the sticker around the rivet.
Step 5. Take a heat gun and very quickly so you dont melt the sticker just go over the riveted area and the sticker will stick to the area.

Raptor68
04-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Are they actually rivets or screws? My trailer had screws on the outside, so we just unscrewed them, put the graphics on, and then put the screws back in after. So if yours are screws, this is definitely the way to go...just don't take out too many at a time.

Rootar
04-25-2007, 08:32 PM
i finished the other side today and it only took about an hour an a half and im not sure if thye are rivets or screws they might be screws, its a Pace trailer and the heads are really big i guess i just assumed they were rivets, i cut the graphic to go right around them and it worked out fine.

best thing was i got my flip down bed almost finished i didnt have any metal screws to anchor my hinges to the wall studs so thats all i need to finish it. the wood was free (extra and scrap) and matress was my old one out of my room before i got a queen size bed. so it was also free too. this is gonna save me 40 bucks each race over renting a hotel room and besides who doesnt need a good nap inbetween motos right:D

Rootar
04-25-2007, 08:43 PM
here is about what itll look like folded up except with my hinges on there itll be closer to the wall and squish the matteress about an inch in and then latch at the top. (the matteress will hold pressure againist the latch since itll be squished in there) and bingo one free flip down bed thats big enough to hold me and my girlfriend (we are both skinny lol)

Rootar
04-25-2007, 08:51 PM
one last shot of the bed, i think it turned out good, now i gotta get my rooftop AC mounted, and paint them walls, the bed, and the rear door, i gotta mount my overhead cabinets and helmet/goggle rack on the front wall......hmmm anyone see anyhting else i need to finish lol btw i know its dirty but ive been cutting and building that bed so there was no use in cleaning it yet.