View Full Version : Keep an EYE out on your Sprocket!

TXATVRIDER
04-25-2007, 02:52 AM
Just noticed the other day that my sprocket was about to just turn into a round wheel. Thank god i noticed it in time and changed it out....Check out the picture it had 4 teeth missing out of it and the ones that were still there were so sharp it would cut you.

wilkin250r
04-26-2007, 01:57 AM
I took the rear sprocket off an old 250X, it only had 4 teeth left!!!

TXATVRIDER
04-26-2007, 10:28 AM
The Rear?:eek: That's crazy i already got a replacement sprocket and got rid of the factory chain sliders....Got all aftermarket now.

Old Head
04-28-2007, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by TXATVRIDER
Just noticed the other day that my sprocket was about to just turn into a round wheel. Thank god i noticed it in time and changed it out....Check out the picture it had 4 teeth missing out of it and the ones that were still there were so sharp it would cut you.

Did you change the rear and the chain too? If you didn't you may find that new one doing the same thing

TXATVRIDER
04-28-2007, 06:06 AM
Yeah just waiting on some parts to come in. Got all Renthal i heard the same thing about changing the sprocket. Once you change that it's best to change the chain too so that they wear and tear together.

Valhalla
05-03-2007, 11:56 AM
yea, you should never change just a chain or just a sprocket, always do it as a whole so they wear evenly with each other. if the chain is worn out, you will have another sprocket that looks just like that in a very short period. also, this usually isnt an issue with ATV's, but make sure you have plenty of slack in your chain. when the suspension compresses all the way and the chain is too tight, you will break teeth easily. i see it all the time on streetbikes from guys that like to do their own work and get it too tight.

TXATVRIDER
05-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Yeah i know what you mean, i got some buddies that are gonna come over and help me install everything.

Grant Casey
05-07-2007, 04:43 AM
well check out mine , ruined i good ride.