PDA

View Full Version : ATVriders.com Ride at Breezewood May 5th &6th

Pappy
04-24-2007, 08:19 PM
The ride date is closing in, and will be here before you know it. I hope to see a ton of folks attend wether your riding or just hanging out!

Who all is planning on attending? We will be there friday and saturday but have to leave before daylight sunday to head to Steel City....but we look forward to having a killer time with everyone while we are there!

coolguy8769
04-24-2007, 08:22 PM
i want to go badly but just cant. i have SAT's and WMZQ fest the 5th and then the 6th i have a race at budds...

its my busyist weekend of the month

05Z400rdr
04-24-2007, 08:25 PM
I really want to go, but I don't know if I can :( ...First of all, i don't know if any1 i know is going, so i might not have a ride. Second of all, i have my last confirmation seminar for church on Sunday the 6th. Hopefully things will work out...not too sure about it though....:confused:

Landon

Les Davis
04-24-2007, 08:39 PM
I hope to make it up on Saturday if my knee heals up a little bit. Was at Breezewood today and I can barely walk tonight.

Pappy
04-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Les Davis
I hope to make it up on Saturday if my knee heals up a little bit. Was at Breezewood today and I can barely walk tonight.

haha...do I dare ask?

450robot
04-24-2007, 08:42 PM
i will be up there fo sho!!!! ive been itching to ride soooooo bad!

might have the KTM with me, but ive never jumped a bike, so i will most likely have my buds z400

Les Davis
04-24-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
haha...do I dare ask?

:D :devil: :blah: D*mn softball injury...It's effecting my riding plans:D

Tommy 17
04-24-2007, 09:14 PM
i might show up saturday on the CBR for a good ride... anyone have a quad i can barrow for the day:p :blah: its finals weekend for me thou so i may not be able to make it if i'm behind on studying...

ShiftFMX
04-24-2007, 09:17 PM
uggh...if only it were closer :mad:

dan harris
04-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Well I'll definately be here, and thanks to Pappy and Kevin(kh426) I've got a smokin' new ride under me. Look for lots of track changes.

........I just checked the net and they call for great weather --- All Summer ! see you here.

the freak
04-24-2007, 09:38 PM
yea pappy LES was sceeeeeeeeeeeared all day today with all the changes dan made to the tracks................he did put one whole lap in today :devil: :blah: :macho

the track is really looking sick and like always was a ton of fun. thanks again dan

mxdad
04-25-2007, 04:16 AM
We should be up on Saturday the 5th. :D

wishmasstir
04-25-2007, 08:11 AM
me and outacontrol will be there with a few others too

JRP
04-25-2007, 08:50 AM
i will be there saturday and sunday!

flyboy62
04-25-2007, 12:56 PM
dan, do u got any bikes of ur new bike?

MX MaNiAc 06
04-25-2007, 01:17 PM
If my quads back and broken in ill deffinately make it. If my quads up for it i may just come up n watch n meet with ppl.

wvspeedfreak
04-25-2007, 01:37 PM
We will be there Saturday and probably Sunday.Looking forward to it!!

troyleepred719
04-25-2007, 01:51 PM
iks there anything to ride besides MX? or camping for the night in a tent or soemthing?making a big trip out of it if so...

jherbie28
04-25-2007, 02:37 PM
we will be there fri-sat-sun. c-yall up there

dan harris
04-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Unfortunately the only trail we have is a small one Mile loop. We are a full on Motocross Park with 3 different tracks along with an indoor and outdoor pitbike track.

We have plenty of non hook up camp sites, a dining hall / clubhouse that serves hot food and a shower house that has hot private showers - (depending how many people are using them).

Saturday the 5th we are having a free cook-out for everybody, we encourage you do donate a dish or desert.

Planning on showing video's outside by the fire saturday night down at the dining hall, bring your favorite riding video to share with the group.

See you here,

I STILL HAVE TWO CABIN RENTALS AVAILABLE FOR THAT WEEKEND. $120 PER PERSON FOR 3 DAYS RIDING AND STAYING IN THE CABIN. EMAIL ME breezewoodprovinggounds@yahoo.com

450Racer
04-27-2007, 08:07 AM
as long as the weather is good and i feel alright i'll be there May 6th (Sunday) :)

outacontrol
04-28-2007, 06:43 PM
well not that they can predict weather a week in advance but they are saying the 5th and 6th is a washout. rain all day, both days. i know they r in the mountains but its not looking good. i hope it changes! everyone cross your fingers!

mxdad
04-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
well not that they can predict weather a week in advance but they are saying the 5th and 6th is a washout. rain all day, both days. i know they r in the mountains but its not looking good. i hope it changes! everyone cross your fingers!

weather channel says sunny & 65 both days???
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/15535?from=36hr_topnav_business

dopeyferree
04-28-2007, 07:45 PM
I cant make it up there that weekend, got tickets to the Richmond Nascar race that weekend. I am going to try to be there Monday April 30th to check out the track changes and get some riding in.

05Z400rdr
04-28-2007, 08:47 PM

Don't buy it...it's always 60 and sunny there ;) :macho

Mxjunkie
04-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
Don't buy it...it's always 60 and sunny there ;) :macho

The drainage system at breezewood is amazing, even after the hurricane the tracks were great ready to ride. :macho

outacontrol
04-29-2007, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by EigerRider
weather channel says sunny & 65 both days???
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/15535?from=36hr_topnav_business
your right, I clicked on that site yesterday morning and it was a washout. i live about two hrs from the track and they said rain here too. that is crazy. by tuesday the weathermen will say snow probably!:devil:

outacontrol
04-29-2007, 04:52 PM
wonder if dan did the changes he talked about last weekend. changing the dining hall jump, and also the triple at the bleachers on the other track?? any pics dan??

450robot
04-30-2007, 03:58 PM
bumping up for great justice!

Ripitupfilms
04-30-2007, 04:04 PM
these rides are never on good weekends.. this weekend there is a sleepy hollow race sat, D-man race sunday, etown practice sunday, friday atco practice then d-6 quad points race sat nite.. then there the zuki race too..

hondaracer31
04-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
these rides are never on good weekends.. this weekend there is a sleepy hollow race sat, D-man race sunday, etown practice sunday, friday atco practice then d-6 quad points race sat nite.. then there the zuki race too..

During the summer it's not possible to have them on a good weekend! There is ALWAYS something going on!

Ripitupfilms
04-30-2007, 04:13 PM
yea but u cant tell me this weekend isnt the most packed ever..5 d-6 tracks running different races. then the zuki and breezewood.. im just dissapointed cuss i would love to go to breeze

wishmasstir
04-30-2007, 04:48 PM
i think they are racing d5 at challenger on sunday ... we're comin down saturday

dan harris
04-30-2007, 05:22 PM
wonder if dan did the changes he talked about last weekend. changing the dining hall jump, and also the triple at the bleachers on the other track?? any pics dan??

...of course I did, the pics aren't the best, but the jump came out great on the rhythm track in front of the bleachers. Before it had a big take off ramp then in the middle of the jump there was a hump to land on then down to a small landing ramp.

Well now I cut the takeoff ramp down about 3 feet, then 25 feet from there it steps up 2 feet to a flat top thats about another 25 feet, then it steps up again another 2 feet to the fianal lander that has about a 25 foot stretch of landing ramp. Here's the pics.

dan harris
04-30-2007, 05:25 PM
This is the new landing ramp, plenty of room. Plus I moved the big berm after the jump back about 20 feet.

dan harris
04-30-2007, 05:28 PM
another shot of the landing ramp. The other pics didn't come out to well. If you really want to see the jump you'll have to come on out this weekend.

I just ordered a pig and 50 lbs of beef for the cookout on Saturday, bring your appetite.

Pappy, you up for doing another pig, cooking it I mean.

dan harris
04-30-2007, 05:30 PM
I wanted to post a picture of me clearing the sick new double on the dining hall track. There is a smaller table top on the option line around this jump.

Trx250rider86
04-30-2007, 05:32 PM
theres a slight chance i might be there. if im there ill be on a white ltr #69

dan harris
04-30-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't have a pic, but I did work on the landing ramp of the jump in front of the sign in booth. I made it slightly shorter and rolled the lip of the landing ramp so it wasn't so sharp.

.....So any way lets get back to who's gonna be here??

quad2xtreme
04-30-2007, 05:49 PM
I am a definite...coming in on Friday...wishing I could leave Thursday evening. 6 hour trip (zero stops) but well worth it.

/Jon

outacontrol
04-30-2007, 06:50 PM
sounds awesome dan, cant wait to try them out, about 5 of us coming down on saturday.

Les Davis
04-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Hey Dan, I'll be there either Saturday or Sunday with some buddies. Can't wait to hit the new jumps. Hope your doing better since last Saturday as well.

Pappy
04-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by dan harris

yep i'll cook it.

for the people crying about the date, there will be others if you cant make this one. you will learn in life that you cant make every event you want to, so why worry about it. those that can attend will have a kick *** time

iraq66
04-30-2007, 10:25 PM
hey pappy for the other one make it around sept 8th thats when i should be home from hell i so wish i could go this track just looks so good. anyone want to fly to iraq and pick me up :rolleyes:

where is it at?? how far from sharon pa (ohio boarder)

Pappy
04-30-2007, 10:29 PM
hell, id gladly take your place! its been awhile if you know what i mean;)

hondaracer31
05-01-2007, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by iraq66
where is it at?? how far from sharon pa (ohio boarder)

I'm 50 miles from Sharon on I-80, if you go my way it's about 250 miles. Takes me 3 1/2 hours but is well worth it.

Hit me up when you get back, you get to my place, I'll get you the rest of the way.:D

iraq66
05-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by hondaracer31

Hit me up when you get back, you get to my place, I'll get you the rest of the way.:D

ill be giving you a msg when i get home thats the frist thing im doing is riding

Ripitupfilms
05-01-2007, 08:55 AM
no ones crying it just sucks theres so much to do.

Originally posted by Pappy
yep i'll cook it.

for the people crying about the date, there will be others if you cant make this one. you will learn in life that you cant make every event you want to, so why worry about it. those that can attend will have a kick *** time :rolleyes:

450Racer
05-01-2007, 11:18 AM
i'll definilty be there Sunday and i'm pumped! can't wait to finally ride :)

Pappy
05-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
no ones crying it just sucks theres so much to do.

:rolleyes:

wow, ive lived through the anti atv crowd complaining and there wasnt any atv action and now the atv crowd is complaining because there is more then one event on a weekend! imagine that!

dan harris
05-01-2007, 02:36 PM
One of the great things about the Proving Grounds is You can come here for an awesome riding weekend ANYTIME !!!!! We are open March through December, 5 days a week for open riding from 8am to 8pm, closed only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and if you email ahead you can probally ride those two days !!!

.....so don't wait for the next ride come out your next free weekend, its always a good time to ride !!

anyway its your summer - whatta ya gonna do with it !! I'm gonna ride!

....soon as I heal up.

dopeyferree
05-01-2007, 03:10 PM
I made the trip up there yesterday. Really like some of the stuff Dan has done with the track. Yesterday it was me and a buddy on a kfx and 2 guys on bikes. That was all that was there while I was there. Pretty much had the place to ourselves. Dan really like the upper track changes, the table table step up is really fun, and I really like how wide the lower track is, I just wish I had enough guts to hit the uphill triple and the flag table top.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/dopeyferree/DSC01192.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/dopeyferree/DSC01212.jpg

Doober
05-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer31
I'm 50 miles from Sharon on I-80, if you go my way it's about 250 miles. Takes me 3 1/2 hours but is well worth it.

i make a 7 hour trip and its well worth it:blah:

mxdad
05-02-2007, 05:16 AM
I wasn't sure if we could pull of three weekends in a row but as of now it looks like we will definitely be there on Saturday 5/5. Hope to see everyone there!!!

outacontrol
05-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by EigerRider
I wasn't sure if we could pull of three weekends in a row but as of now it looks like we will definitely be there on Saturday 5/5. Hope to see everyone there!!!

who all is coming with you guys??

mxdad
05-02-2007, 08:20 AM
who all is coming with you guys??

Not positive yet. A lot of the people we ride with race District 6 and they have a points race Saturday in Atco, NJ. I am still talking to several other people but no one has committed yet.

YFZRB
05-03-2007, 04:38 AM

:devil: pigs, dogs and lizards are my specialty.

Not sure if I'll be there yet. Maybe just come down for Saturday but that's a lot of drivin. If not I'll see everyone on the next one. Have fun and go safe

dan harris
05-04-2007, 08:30 AM
My new toys were just delivered 8 o'clock this morning.

Pappy
05-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by YFZRB
:devil: pigs, dogs and lizards are my specialty.

it took me a few days for that to register:o

PERKINS:devil:

coolguy8769
05-04-2007, 02:45 PM
My new toys were just delivered 8 o'clock this morning.

it was time for a new water truck...

haha looks great dan! im disapointed that i cant come this weekend. i still havnt been since my crash. i WILL make it up there eventually

450Racer
05-04-2007, 11:03 PM
hey guys. i can't wait to see you guys down there sunday. i'm stoked. i've been waiting for the weather to shape up to make it down just to see it. i've been thinking about riding since my accident it's been 11 months now since my accident. i'm going to ride sunday. i'm absolutely stoked. however, i'm going to need to borrow someone's ride. i'm just going to take a couple laps in first or second gear, slow. also, i'm bringing down my fundraiser shirts. they're pretty cool. i'm posting a pic. so if anyone wouldn't mind me mounting up on their quad i'd really really appreciate it. can't wait to see all you guys down there Sunday :) i'll try to make it down around 2pm or so and stay till 7ish. cyah there:devil:

Ridin' Jesse
05-05-2007, 10:29 AM
I''l be there on sunday!!!! woo

mine
05-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by 450Racer
hey guys. i can't wait to see you guys down there sunday. i'm stoked. i've been waiting for the weather to shape up to make it down just to see it. i've been thinking about riding since my accident it's been 11 months now since my accident. i'm going to ride sunday. i'm absolutely stoked. however, i'm going to need to borrow someone's ride. i'm just going to take a couple laps in first or second gear, slow. also, i'm bringing down my fundraiser shirts. they're pretty cool. i'm posting a pic. so if anyone wouldn't mind me mounting up on their quad i'd really really appreciate it. can't wait to see all you guys down there Sunday :) i'll try to make it down around 2pm or so and stay till 7ish. cyah there:devil:

It's great that you're gonna ride again, can someone please record it or make a short clip,

thanks
mike