PDA

View Full Version : Temp Light

playerz
04-24-2007, 06:28 PM
I have an 05trx450r

When i start my bike up my temp light stays on and never goes off. My fan also runs all the time. The only mods i have done to affect this is my killswitch, i have one wire spliced into the ignition coil and the other grounded on one of the bolts on the ignition coil. i have checked my thermostat, and my sensor and both are fine. I have also looked over all the electrical and there are no short circuits anywhere. I have removed my killswitch and it still does the same thing. When i take the sensor out of the bike and run it the light goes off..

Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Sjorge450R
04-24-2007, 07:29 PM
did you wire the fan to run continusly? When you do, the light comes on all the time, because the light comes on when the fan is on. Just unplug the light if the fan is on because there is nothing you can do if you are overheating, because the fan is already on.

playerz
04-25-2007, 09:26 AM
i might just leave it because i know its not overheating,

04-25-2007, 09:33 AM
First you need to let out the nitrogen from your shocks so you have no rebound at all this will turn the light off than when you are washing it next spray dirty cold water in the tail pipe so your bike wont run anymore this will take care of the fan always coming on, if the bike wont start the fan wont run.

That's whats up

If your not going to Sh*t get off the pot

d3ktrix
04-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
did you wire the fan to run continusly? When you do, the light comes on all the time, because the light comes on when the fan is on. Just unplug the light if the fan is on because there is nothing you can do if you are overheating, because the fan is already on.

Since when does the temp light come on when the fan comes on?
If that light is coming on other then at start up you have a serious problem.
Shouldn't be related to the fan at all.

If its stuck on 24/7 tho that sounds like an electrical problem.

playerz
04-25-2007, 10:14 AM
yeah its on 24/7

playerz
04-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Roostar 450
First you need to let out the nitrogen from your shocks so you have no rebound at all this will turn the light off than when you are washing it next spray dirty cold water in the tail pipe so your bike wont run anymore this will take care of the fan always coming on, if the bike wont start the fan wont run.

That's whats up

If your not going to Sh*t get off the pot

wtf?

Sjorge450R
04-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Since when does the temp light come on when the fan comes on?
If that light is coming on other then at start up you have a serious problem.
Shouldn't be related to the fan at all.

If its stuck on 24/7 tho that sounds like an electrical problem.

when i grounded the fan out, my light was always turned on. I just unplugged it and kept on riding.

d3ktrix
04-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
when i grounded the fan out, my light was always turned on. I just unplugged it and kept on riding.

Oh yeah well if you go changing the wiring of course the temp light isn't going to act right.
But he didn't do this, so his light shouldn't always be on.

Sjorge450R
04-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Oh yeah well if you go changing the wiring of course the temp light isn't going to act right.
But he didn't do this, so his light shouldn't always be on.

well thats what I was asking, i was seeing if he did change any thing.

playerz
04-25-2007, 07:26 PM
no i didnt change anything, but i did splice into the ignition coil primary wire for my killswitch

miles Machine
04-25-2007, 07:39 PM
first check your wiring to se if it is cracked and your shorting to ground, next if thats ok sheck your temp. switch