PDA

View Full Version : Atv or Bike bars?

njk4o5
04-24-2007, 02:07 PM
okay, went to the dealer today to get some parts to finish up my brakes. Saw some nice bars there...i think they were Answer brand. I asked the guy behind the counter if they would fit on an atv. He says they are for dirtbikes only and that it would be extremely hard to moutn up on an atv...how can this be? wont they fit on both? He also said they were $30 and that cant be true either...because no bars are that cheap i thought. I really dont think he knows what he is talking about ahah

katch26
04-24-2007, 02:58 PM
as long as there 7/8 or 1 1/8 (whatever your clamp is they should fit. The only difference will be the the width and height. Most bike style will have a lower height

DOHC
04-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Im running dirtbike bars on my quad lol, i was running renthal 7/8 cr low bars before (bent them) and now im running renthal fat bars Mc bend bars. If ur talking about pro taper contour bars they wont just bolt on cause there a 1 1/8 (same as my new fat bars) U will need bigger clamps to make them work. There is no differnce in dirt bike and atv bars the only differnce is the bend.

#22blaster240
04-24-2007, 04:54 PM
I RUN THE PRO TAPER COUNTOR REED/HENRY BEND AND THEY WORK REALLY GOOD. I HAD THE ATV HI BARS ON IT BEFORE BUT THEY CAME BACK TO FAR FOR ME.

njk4o5
04-24-2007, 07:38 PM
yeah the ones i was lookin at were 7/8. And i realize they were lower bend, but i like that...thats what i have on my sled and it looks/feels awesome.
Now im just wondering if the crossbar was too low to fit onto the clamp...

I like the fly bars in the mini bend. I want a handlebar that i can take off the quad to put on the sled for winter, and viceversa for summer.