PDA

View Full Version : Which pipe to go with?

4LEAFCLOVER
04-24-2007, 01:26 PM
I just had my engine rebuilt by ESR and I decided to go with a 330 PV with the rod stroked to make it a 350 PV. Any idea what would be the best mid-top end pipe to put on it now with the freshly built PV engine? I will be running 110 octane now with this bigger bore engine with Amsoil Interceptor oil mix.

Thanks 4LEAFCLOVER

headache
04-25-2007, 12:10 PM
contact www.ftzracing.com they hand build some kick *** pipes!!

wilkin250r
04-25-2007, 12:20 PM
The general consensus on mid-top pipes is usually the TRX5 centermount from ESR. The centermount requires an airbox eliminator kit, but it makes a few more horsepower than the standard-mount TRX5.

garrettagr
04-25-2007, 12:32 PM
esr does have some really good pipes but for a screamer like you have i would look at FTZ. That pipe they have is supposed to be a really fast pipe and it looks really good too

kiesta00
04-25-2007, 08:47 PM
I have an ftz side drag pipe, it works great for top end. drag racing only, but if you still like to RIDE your quad then I'd definitely go with a trx-5. If I had to get a pipe again I'd surely get the trx-5 for play duning/dragging. There is absolutely NO bottom end with the ftz pipe, but your PV might help that a little.

I saw a dyno comparison on a stock cylinder stroked engine, the trx-5 and trx-11 have very similar peak numbers, with the trx-11 pulling farther into the rpm range for better over-rev.

You won't be dissapointed with the trx-5 pipe. CPI has a nice bigbore inframe mid-top pipe too.