PDA

View Full Version : sand track clean up

trx416m
04-24-2007, 05:22 AM
I just raced my first sand track and now im wondering wat i need to clean or take apart??

Thanx

400exrider707
04-24-2007, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by trx416m
I just raced my first sand track and now im wondering wat i need to clean or take apart??

Thanx

motomasters? I was there! I am going to take all my plastic off, then wash it with a garden hose. Definitely clean out your air filter, clean and lube the chain real well also. Clean out the brakes too, both rotors and pads, as the sand wears them away very quickly. Also check out your suspension front and rear, I had rocks stuffed in my rear shock and swingarm area. How did you make out?

trx416m
04-24-2007, 11:24 AM
ok thanx. yea at motomasters, i got 4th and 1st in the am class bc i had a bad start the first moto. 2nd overall. u?

gbcap
04-24-2007, 11:37 AM
lube everything. clean it all off with water let it dry and then take a compressor with high pressure air and blast it again to get the small stuff. clean all the brakes and airfilter. check the carb to make sure no sand got there, cause if it did it got into your motor too.

400exrider707
04-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by trx416m
ok thanx. yea at motomasters, i got 4th and 1st in the am class bc i had a bad start the first moto. 2nd overall. u?

4th and 3rd in novice. I was first to the corner both motos, but first moto I went wide to avoid the extreme over watering on the track and ended up in the loamy sand and couldn't get movign again, so about 10 people passed me, second moto, I pulled the holeshot, and was too much of a fatty to hang on for four laps. I fell back to third, so I ended up in 3rd overall. Not too bad, but I need practice. That was my first time ever at motomasters too, ad I take it was yours too. Where are you from? I live in Manlius right now, I recently moved here, and Im dying to find some local people with tracks to practice at!

trx416m
04-25-2007, 05:26 AM
yea it was my first time there and i live right near ithaca.

TXATVRIDER
04-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by gbcap
lube everything. clean it all off with water let it dry and then take a compressor with high pressure air and blast it again to get the small stuff. clean all the brakes and airfilter. check the carb to make sure no sand got there, cause if it did it got into your motor too.

Hahaha he said Lube EVERYTHING!